Alex Jones, talk radio host

Alex Jones, talk radio host

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 May 17

FMF: Do you believe the explanation you offer is "reasonable" and therefore must also be "reasonable" to everyone who hears you offer it?

Originally posted by chaney3
A 'creator' is reasonable yes.
Is it the only "reasonable" explanation in your view?

c

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Is it the only "reasonable" explanation in your view?
What are the options?

Luck and coincidence.

Creation.

Do you have another?

F

Moves
23 May 17

Unlike you, I don't keep records and notes of what people say. I also don't spend time scrolling through posting history.

Ghost will correct me as needed.
If you can't remember what he said, then why did you characterize him as saying that the origin of life was "a random roll of the cosmic dice". That's a very specific turn of phrase you have chosen to use. You can hear the words spinning as they glide across the forum baize. Even if you don't recall what he said, do you believe this characterization of yours - of what he said - is fair and honest?

Moves
23 May 17

Randomness, coincidence and luck.

The universe and humans came to be with a random roll of the cosmic dice.
Please link to where I have stated this.

Thanks.

(You're more likely to stumble across where I freely acknowledge I don't have the answers, but don't as a consequence feel any pressure to accept unbelievable alternatives).

c

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Please link to where I have stated this.

Thanks.

(You're more likely to stumble across where I freely acknowledge I don't have the answers, but don't as a consequence feel any pressure to accept unbelievable alternatives).
As I said to FMF, I am going by memory. We got into some ugly disputes in the 'Moon' thread, where randomness and coincidence were key words.
Coin flips were involved.

Moves
23 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
How do you know it can't? Just because in your limited experience you've never encountered self-assembling and self-repairing 'space-ships' doesn't mean they don't exist. Your experience of the universe is really entirely insignificant, you have absolutely no idea what goes on in most of it. Why do you pretend to knowledge you don't have? If you are ...[text shortened]... out conscious input somewhere in the vast expanse of time and space that comprises our universe.
Do you have evidence of a self assembled and self-repairing space-ship?

Do you have evidence of a painting as intricate in detail as the Mona Lisa that painted itself?

If not, why do you rule out the possibility that something as functional and intricate as the human body could have been designed when everything around you with remotely as much functionality is clearly the product of design?

F

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3 to Ghost of a Duke
We got into some ugly disputes in the 'Moon' thread, where randomness and coincidence were key words.
Ghost of a Duke used the expression "coin flips"?

Moves
23 May 17

I think he is secretly an agnostic, but, that's for another debate entirely.
I have told you plainly that I don't view the existence of God as a possibility. Please explain how this way of thinking is concordant with agnosticism. Thanks.

(I think you are secretly an abandoned flip flop, but that's also an entirely different debate).

Moves
23 May 17

As I said to FMF, I am going by memory. We got into some ugly disputes in the 'Moon' thread, where randomness and coincidence were key words.
I believe the flipping was all yours sir.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by dj2becker
Do you have evidence of a self assembled and self-repairing space-ship?

Do you have evidence of a painting as intricate in detail as the Mona Lisa that painted itself?

If not, why do you rule out the possibility that something as functional and intricate as the human body could have been designed when everything around you with remotely as much functionality is clearly the product of design?
Do you have evidence that there are no self-assembling or self-repairing 'space-ships'?

Do you have evidence that there are no such intricate but naturally originated 'paintings'?

If you learn a little more about biology you will no doubt come to the realisation that it clearly isn't the product of design, unless the designer is a combination of incredible genius and bone-headed half-wit.

c

Moves
23 May 17

I believe the flipping was all yours sir.
No, you compared the random flipping of coins landing on heads or tails, to the universe, somehow, I don't remember entirely.
But, I do remember Elvis burnt toast, but not the context.

Moves
23 May 17

No, you compared the random flipping of coins landing on heads or tails, to the universe, somehow, I don't remember entirely.
But, I do remember Elvis burnt toast, but not the context.
Yes, that was a discussion about 'probability'. (In short, the universe is so big that it was only logical that every now and then the conditions would be just right to sustain life).

Not sure why you have veered off into randomness.

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Do you have evidence that there are no self-assembling or self-repairing 'space-ships'.

Do you have evidence that there are no such intricate but naturally originated 'paintings'?

If you learn a little more about biology you will no doubt come to the realisation that it clearly isn't the product of design, unless the designer is a combination of incredible genius and bone-headed half-wit.
Are you claiming that they do exist? If so where is your evidence?

What exact part of Biology brought you to the realisation that you are clearly not the product of design?

c

Moves
23 May 17

Yes, that was a discussion about 'probability'. (In short, the universe is so big that it was only logical that every now and then the conditions would be just right to sustain life).

Yes, I said your 'conditions' were quite 'lucky' for us humans....but you didn't like the word 'luck' and prefer instead the more scientific term of 'probability'.

But, it's luck. (Without a Creator, that is).

F

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke to chaney3
...or into some cosmic entity throwing dice, for that matter.