Age of the Universe

Age of the Universe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Houston, Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11

YEC. Has the Earth only existed 6000 years. Did humans exist before and with dinosaurs. Did Noah have dinosaurs on the ark?

Z

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by moon1969
YEC. Has the Earth only existed 6000 years. Did humans exist before and with dinosaurs. Did Noah have dinosaurs on the ark?
yes, and they were all babies and they were all vegetarians. only later did god curse the tigers with a taste for cow and human.

also, there were kinds, so, for example, there was a pair of horse (married and hetero ofc) and from those came zebraz, deers, donkeys and so on.

IT MAKES SENSE!!!!!!

/sarcasm

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Is this Hawking a god to you?
"This Hawking". Have you ever heard of a book called 'A Brief history of time'?

He is a world renowned physicist who has ALS as bad as it can get, he is totally confined to a wheelchair and has to do all his scientific research in his head, calculations and all. One of the smartest humans on the planet.

No god, but a brilliant scientist in spite of or perhaps because of his condition.

I don't worship him or anyone else. I admire his tenacity in the face of a near impossible life. 100 years ago he probably would not even have survived more than a couple of years. He is up there with Einstein and Newton in intellectual horsepower.

Google him and learn what it is like to be a quadriplegic scientist. Think of what YOU would be like or what you could accomplish if you were in his shoes.

Check out this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
"This Hawking". Have you ever heard of a book called 'A Brief history of time'?

He is a world renowned physicist who has ALS as bad as it can get, he is totally confined to a wheelchair and has to do all his scientific research in his head, calculations and all. One of the smartest humans on the planet.

No god, but a brilliant scientist in spite of o ...[text shortened]... were in his shoes.

Check out this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking
He would probable been more of a benefit to himself and society if he
had spent his time studying to find a cure for his disease.

Z

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

He would probable been more of a benefit to himself and society if he
had spent his time studying to find a cure for his disease.
yes, because we all can just give up our vocation and doing what we do best to pick up something completely different.

i am a programmer but i plan to pick up painting in a year and after i create a dozen masterpieces i am gonna go to med school and become a neurosurgeon.

u
semper fi

Moves
16 Aug 11

I heard them called Jarheads; but I call my brother-in-laws Jugheads.
It is all in fun, of course. You haven't even heard any of my logic.
How could you know it is flawed? By the way, I can assure you my
logic is less flawed than yours or those muslims.
I have read enough of your one-sided copy and paste off of apologist website posts to know that your logic is terrible. Most of this forum thinks you are a joke (including many christians). You own original thoughts seem only to be about blindly defending a flawed religion without proof to back it up.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by usmc7257
I have read enough of your one-sided copy and paste off of apologist website posts to know that your logic is terrible. Most of this forum thinks you are a joke (including many christians). You own original thoughts seem only to be about blindly defending a flawed religion without proof to back it up.
I wish I could provide the proof that you desire, however, I have
limited knowledge of the use of the internet to know how to do
more than provide written proof (cut and paste) and references to
the videos others have provided on YouTube. I also have not
received any proof from the otherside of the controversy. That my
friend is the situation we find ourselves in at present. Others can
continue to hate or despise me for expressing my views, if they wish.
However, I see no reason that I should convert over to a different
way of thinking at the present time.

Houston, Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11

RJ, do you think humans were created before dinosaurs. Because didn't God create man before animals.

Z

Moves
16 Aug 11

RJ, do you think humans were created before dinosaurs. Because didn't God create man before animals.
nope, genesis says hummies got created last.

no mention about dinosaurs (because duh, there weren't any then). so at some point, the fundies decided to brand dino fossils as satan playing tricks. after more and more showed up, they had to forcefully introduce them into the story. and rather than accepting that maybe genesis is a prelude to an ethic book, they decided that noah had to get himself some t-rexes on his zoo boat. baby t-rexes so they fit. who ate vegetables because all carnivoros animals were vegetarians then

MAKES PERFECT SENSE DAMNIT!!!!!11!!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

Humans were created at the end of the sixth day of creation. (Genesis 1:25)
All animals were created on the fifth and the sixth day of creation before
humans. Some of the dinosaurs that lived in the seas were created on
the fifth day and the others that live on land on the sixth day. (Gen 1:20-24)
Woman was the last creation of God on the sixth day.

Houston, Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11

Humans were created at the end of the sixth day of creation. (Genesis 1:25)
All animals were created on the fifth and the sixth day of creation before
humans. Some of the dinosaurs that lived in the seas were created on
the fifth day and the others that live on land on the sixth day. (Gen 1:20-24)
Woman was the last creation of God on the sixth day.
RJ, thanks for the reply.

Last question. Did the dinosaurs die out on the sixth day before man was created later on the sixth day, or did humans and dinosaurs exist together. If the latter, were there dinosaurs on the ark.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 11

RJ, thanks for the reply.

Last question. Did the dinosaurs die out on the sixth day before man was created later on the sixth day, or did humans and dinosaurs exist together. If the latter, were there dinosaurs on the ark.
Man and dinosaurs existed together and almost all the dinosaurs died
during the flood of Noah's day. Noah did not take any of the large type
dinosaurs on the ark.

Z

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

Man and dinosaurs existed together and almost all the dinosaurs died
during the flood of Noah's day. Noah did not take any of the large type
dinosaurs on the ark.
why not? at what point does it say in the bible that dinos should be left behind?

6:19 You must bring into the ark two of every kind of living creature from all flesh, 58 male and female, to keep them alive 59 with you. 6:20 Of the birds after their kinds, and of the cattle after their kinds, and of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every kind will come to you so you can keep them alive.

so why don't the dinos get to go on the boat trip? after all, there were snakes, frogs, birds, clean and unclean animals. why don't the dinos fit?

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
why not? at what point does it say in the bible that dinos should be left behind?

6:19 You must bring into the ark two of every kind of living creature from all flesh, 58 male and female, to keep them alive 59 with you. 6:20 Of the birds after their kinds, and of the cattle after their kinds, and of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, tw ...[text shortened]... fter all, there were snakes, frogs, birds, clean and unclean animals. why don't the dinos fit?
Dinos?! Forget the dinos. What happened to the Unicorns?

"Green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
Don't you forget My unicorns "

Now I'm craving a pint of Guinness.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
Tell that to a black hole. Black holes have such warped space around them nothing can come out, gravity is so strong mass goes in and more stuff goes in and the mass of a big black hole can = millions of sol masses and space is curved around the black hole so severely light at one distance away from the 'center' can only orbit, and if it gets further in, ca ...[text shortened]... ce craft. Going straight means being on a gentle many billions of light year wide curve.
Cool stuff enjoying

Manny