A request to Dasa and his several detractors

A request to Dasa and his several detractors

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
I have replied to you on 24 th Sept. on this thread only. Just look it up.If you want some more clarification,please ask.
You mean this?:

"I will look up that post and revert back but it was in a particular context,where-- as I remember-- Dasa's views were far too ideal or way out. Nothing do with Daa hitting out to all and sundry impolitely."

Too ideal? What do you mean? You think his ideas are "ideal" in some way, albeit too much so?

So then your answer, I take it, is that when you said "Dasa sets the bar too high" you were indeed issuing a somewhat qualified endorsement of the spiritual standards he seeks to set, with the caveat that they are 'too ideal' or perhaps 'far too ideal'?

Have I got this right?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
You mean this?:

[b]"I will look up that post and revert back but it was in a particular context,where-- as I remember-- Dasa's views were far too ideal or way out. Nothing do with Daa hitting out to all and sundry impolitely."

Too ideal? What do you mean? You think his ideas are "ideal" in some way, albeit too much so?

So then your answer, I take i ...[text shortened]... aveat that they are 'too ideal' or perhaps 'far too ideal'?

Have I got this right?[/b]
yes,in so far as I remember.

F

Moves
25 Sep 11
1 edit

yes,in so far as I remember.
So what's all this 'distancing yourself' from Dasa thing while at the same time lashing out at his victims with claims you pointedly failed to substantiate? On one hand Dasa's "posts on the Geeta are dragging [your] religion, [your] philosophy, [your]culture into mud. You are making the Geeta and the Vedas objects of ridicule" [to quote your OP], while on the other hand, at the same time, he represents some degree of "ideal" to you? How can that be?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
So what's all this 'distancing yourself' from Dasa thing while at the same time lashing out at his victims with claims you pointedly failed to substantiate? On one hand Dasa's "posts on the Geeta are dragging [your] religion, [your] philosophy, [your]culture into mud. You are making the Geeta and the Vedas objects of ridicule" [to quote your OP], while on the ot ...[text shortened]... er hand, at the same time, he represents some degree of "ideal" to you? How can that be?
I am not concerned about Dasa or his victims in so far as their mutual mudslinging was concerned.I got upset when some posters started to ridicule the Vedas and allied thoughts.

F

Moves
25 Sep 11
1 edit

I am not concerned about Dasa or his victims in so far as their mutual mudslinging was concerned.I got upset when some posters started to ridicule the Vedas and allied thoughts.
Oh? And yet you started a thread about it. And then you could not substantiate the accusations against decent people here who have had to put up with Dasa - and the "too high" bar you say he sets - almost all of whom have done so without doing what you claimed they did. You got upset - but then you got your reaction all confused, is that it?

Care to address the question in my post above yours?

F

Moves
25 Sep 11
1 edit

I got upset when some posters started to ridicule the Vedas and allied thoughts.
If Dasa - as we witness him, and you have witnessed him too, on this forum - represents the Vedas-with-bar-set-high, or "too ideal" as you put it, then perhaps whether or not they deserve ridicule is a legitimate topic for discussion. Wouldn't you agree?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
If Dasa - as we witness him, and you have witnessed him too, on this forum - represents the Vedas-with-bar-set-high, or "too ideal" as you put it, then perhaps whether or not they deserve ridicule is a legitimate topic for discussion. Wouldn't you agree?
If you want to ridicule Dasa, me , the Vedas or the Hindu spiritual thinking, do go ahead. Who am I to stop you ? If ridiculing " Dasa, rvsakhadeo, the Hindu spiritual thinking et al" occupies a priority in your posting, I cannot help wondering about your views on the topic of Hindu spiritual thoughts. Please do enlighten me about them.

F

Moves
25 Sep 11

If you want to ridicule Dasa, me , the Vedas or the Hindu spiritual thinking, do go ahead. Who am I to stop you ?
Steady on. When have I ever ridiculed Vedas or the Hindu spiritual thinking? What are you on about? I have been patient and restrained for months and months with Dasa, asserting his right to believe what he believes, while asking him to stop abusing me and just about everybody else in the name of the Vedas. What are you insinuating?

How does Dasa represent a "too ideal" version of the Vedas?

Moves
25 Sep 11

The reason you started this thread was in my opinion and attempt to intellectually and philosophically disassociate yourself with dasa without dissociating yourself with the belief system. One or two others have also tried this approach but it doesn't because it is not necessary.

I'm Christian have to observe those who proclaim to follow, but in actually disrespect the Gospel of Jesus Christ; in reality truth, if it really is truth, it cannot be diminished.

As I suggested to you in my first post in this thread, if you are affected by it, have a word with dasa.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
Steady on. When have I ever ridiculed Vedas or the Hindu spiritual thinking? What are you on about? I have been patient and restrained for months and months with Dasa, asserting his right to believe what he believes, while asking him to stop abusing me and just about everybody else in the name of the Vedas. What are you insinuating?

How does Dasa represent a "too ideal" version of the Vedas?
Dasa does not represent "too ideal" version of the Vedas. Far from it.That is why I knocked him about. But my words " too ideal " were about a particular line of thinking or a particular topic in the concerned post, which unfortunately I cannot remember and will not bother to search.

F

Moves
25 Sep 11

Dasa does not represent "too ideal" version of the Vedas. Far from it.That is why I knocked him about. But my words " too ideal " were about a particular line of thinking or a particular topic in the concerned post, which unfortunately I cannot remember and will not bother to search.
I have seen people back-peddle more graciously than this in the past, rvsakhadeo.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
I have seen people back-peddle more graciously than this in the past, rvsakhadeo.
Well count me as a new low standard in back pedaling then and be done with your anger about me.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 11

Well count me as a new low standard in back pedaling then and be done with your anger about me.
So did you actually PM Vishavhetu and if so, did he answer back and if so, could you say the tenor of his response, if any?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
So did you actually PM Vishavhetu and if so, did he answer back and if so, could you say the tenor of his response, if any?
Well I have hammered Vishvahetu,as an elder should. He has not talked back.

Moves
25 Sep 11

Well I have hammered Vishvahetu,as an elder should. He has not talked back.
He won't. He has no response. He has no intention nor interest in an exchange of ideas and this is a feature of HIM not his philosophy/belief system. So you are wasting your time. You assume that because he is a proponent of the Vedas, that you are in some way "connected" and responsible for each other; this is a fallacy.

Dasa is an ignoramus troll who provides amusement to this forum but in now way diminished any proclamations of the Vedas.

Relax.