a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
I'll take that as a yes.
If you're asking yourself if you are deliberately being treated with disrespect, then the answer is 'yes'..

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jun 17

I'll take that as a yes.
If you go read previous threads where this has been discussed infinitum you'll see that your current line of questioning is redundant.

My morality, as it is today, is not one of preference. Do you believe, for example, that I could just go out today and commit murder on a whim, even though this is counter to my developed moral framework, established through life's influences and education?! Do you not understand that my morality is integral to my very being, even without a God to ground it in?

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
If you're asking yourself if you are deliberately being treated with disrespect, then the answer is 'yes'..
Sure because it was your choice to do so.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Sure because it was your choice to do so.
If you were deliberately treating someone with disrespect on a message board, would it be because it was your choice to do so?

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
If you go read previous threads where this has been discussed infinitum you'll see that your current line of questioning is redundant.

My morality, as it is today, is not one of preference. Do you believe, for example, that I could just go out today and commit murder on a whim, even though this is counter to my developed moral framework, establish ...[text shortened]... ot understand that my morality is integral to my very being, even without a God to ground it in?
If you did commit a murder you would be able to justify it, since you believe there are no moral absolutes. Based upon your personal preference you could theoretically justify any action if you believe there are no moral absolutes.

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
If you were deliberately treating someone with disrespect on a message board, would it be because it was your choice to do so?
Well it sure isn't because someone else decided you should do it.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Well it sure isn't because someone else decided you should do it.
You've tied yourself in a knot.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jun 17

If you did commit a murder you would be able to justify it, since you believe there are no moral absolutes. Based upon your personal preference you could theoretically justify any action if you believe there are no moral absolutes.
You have an almost inhuman understanding of morality.

Thank goodness you have a God to tell you what to do.

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You've tied yourself in a knot.
Why do you think I am in a knot if you decided to disrespect me?

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Why do you think I am in a knot if you decided to disrespect me?
Because of the way you are behaving and what you posted.

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

You have an almost inhuman understanding of morality.

Thank goodness you have a God to tell you what to do.
Well without a God you don't have moral absolutes and hence any action is justifiable if you so prefer.

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Because of the way you are behaving and what you posted.
So your disrespect was not your own choice? Ok keep telling yourself that.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

Well without a God you don't have moral absolutes and hence any action is justifiable if you so prefer.
Nonsense.

A little scary you believe that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jun 17

Nonsense.

To whom then are we ultimately responsible ?

And does that final authority have any enforcing power to enact what ought to be ?

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

Nonsense.

Either you have moral absolutes or you don't. You can't have it both ways. So which is it?