A major difference between atheists and theists

A major difference between atheists and theists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Dec 06

Originally posted by Clean Cut
is that we (theists) go according to facts and we base our belief on these facts. We try to understand what God has put in place the best we can, and do not harp on silly little things we have no understanding of. We accept that His greatest folly is far superior to our highest intellect and that now we know in part, then we shall know fully.

The athei ...[text shortened]...

All of this based on a thumb suck.

Waaaahhahahahahahahahaahaahhaa!!!!!! What a hoot!!!!!!!
Your god had a great folly? What was it?

You speak the truth. Stop questioning; abandon reason; and praise Muffy, Ruler of the Super-spiritual, Greatest One over the gods. Jehovah, Zeus, and Ra all quake before Muffy.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Dec 06
1 edit

Don't you know the exact age of our planet? Yet you claim this as fact…..Hmmmm??…….smacks of a thumb suck to me.
What about "It all exploded from one single point 18 billion years ago, or so”
What do you mean by “or so”? There is no “or so” in fact……….plenty of “or so” in thumb sucking though.

"You are about 50 years of age or so, give or take 45 years."

Isn't that a fact?

Cape Town

Moves
14 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
"You are about 50 years of age or so, give or take 45 years."

Isn't that a fact?
Nope! he might be only 3 and still sucking his thumb!

[edit] keep in mind that he spent months trying to open a door and later got stuck in a room for 7 years trying to get his 'rebellion' under control.
He clearly counts time different from the rest of us so he might actually be 250.

1 Day for God = 1,000 years for man = 1,000,000 years for Clean Cut

CC

Moves
14 Dec 06

Originally posted by telerion
Your god had a great folly? What was it?

You speak the truth. Stop questioning; abandon reason; and praise Muffy, Ruler of the Super-spiritual, Greatest One over the gods. Jehovah, Zeus, and Ra all quake before Muffy.
Great come back. I'm impressed. Did you think of that all your self?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Dec 06
1 edit

All of this based on a thumb suck.
I hope you cleaned your hands first.

Or were you sucking someone else's thumb?

Or does someone suck your thumb for you?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
14 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by nige22
Basically you are saying "we (theists) have absolutely no way of proving definitively the existence of God. Oh no! How can we sell this pitch without any proof. I know, lets say that the nature of God and His creation are inherantly beyond our feeble mortal understanding. If we cannot possibly understand it why bother trying? Therefore we are free of any resp tists shouldn´t have to provide any evidence to support their claims any more than theists do.

CC

Moves
14 Dec 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I hope you cleaned your hands first.

Or were you sucking someone else's thumb?

Or does someone suck your thumb for you?
Touched a nerve did I? All sensitive about being exposed as a thumb sucker, huh? Never mind. I'm sure you'll grow out of it sometime. 😀

Moves
14 Dec 06
1 edit

s

Moves
14 Dec 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schitzophrenia
lol 😵

Now, that's just mean.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Dec 06
1 edit

Great come back. I'm impressed. Did you think of that all your self?
Ah . . . booo. Are you really conceding so easily?

Edit: Seriously, you mention your god's greatest folly. I always thought that he was infallible. What was your god's greatest folly?

n

Moves
14 Dec 06

One night I was in a car, as a passenger, on route to a seminar when I suddenly saw a highway with a white clad guy standing on the other side beckoning me. I approached Him and He introduced himself to me as Jesus. He then said I should follow Him, he had something to show me. He took me to a room, opened the door and invited me inside. The contents were ...[text shortened]... asting and spiritual warfare in all it’s diversity. Totally awesome. I feed like a starved man.
I´m interested to know:

a) did the driver of the car see Jesus too?

b) if not, how did they react to you asking to be let out of the car to speak to Jesus, or did you just open the door and leap out?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
14 Dec 06

There you go again………” What about this fact. The earth is a minimum of 4.5 billion years old.”………..
Who told you that? What do you mean it's a "minimum" of 4.5 billion years old? Don't you know the exact age of our planet? Yet you claim this as fact…..Hmmmm??…….smacks of a thumb suck to me.
What about "It all exploded from one single point 18 billion y ...[text shortened]... e looked upon favourably.
“Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit,” says the Lord.
Physical evidence. I know it's a hard concept, especially for the hard of thinking, like yourself.

w

Moves
14 Dec 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Physical evidence. I know it's a hard concept, especially for the hard of thinking, like yourself.
Physical evidence does not imply fact. There is much evidence that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. It probably is. However, this does not make it a fact, only the most likely possibility.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
14 Dec 06

Originally posted by whiterose
Physical evidence does not imply fact. There is much evidence that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. It probably is. However, this does not make it a fact, only the most likely possibility.
I guess it all comes down to your definition of what a fact is. For me, something like radiodating provides a "factual" age of an object or item. The laws of physics demand certain things, like the rates of radioisotope decay.

w

Moves
14 Dec 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
I guess it all comes down to your definition of what a fact is. For me, something like radiodating provides a "factual" age of an object or item. The laws of physics demand certain things, like the rates of radioisotope decay.
Ah, but now we get into science as the be-all and end-all of the universe. If science says it, then it must be a fact. How did we get the current laws of physics, chemistry, and biology? By observation of the world around us. They are very useful laws, but probably not perfect. Therefore, to say that something is a "fact" because the laws of physics, which are not absolute but only drawn from impirical evidence, decree it is a bit of a stretch. To me it is like saying that because a coin has landed on heads 100 times in a row, it is a "fact" that it is double headed. In all likelyhood it is, but there is always the remote possibility that it is not.