A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I am at work and I loathe texting from smartphone, reasons have been given demonstrating just why Christ's words apply to all Christians that the words in Matthew were given to a relatively small number is irrelevant the content reveals that it was intended for a much greater audience after all it would be unreasonable to expect 11 individuals to giv ...[text shortened]... so far all those that have been proffered are demolished in the weight of scriptural evidence.
Give him the verse so we can all get on with life. Honestly, if you have the verse why don't you just say so. You DO have the verse...don't you?

rc

Moves
28 Jan 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Give him the verse so we can all get on with life. Honestly, if you have the verse why don't you just say so. You DO have the verse...don't you?
I have given many verses, from Matthew where Christs command to go forth to people of all the nations is recorded, to the Book of Acts where the apostles where going from house to house, to Peter and Ephesians and the matter is quite clear in my mind that all Christians are members of a holy nation, called to declare abroad the excellencies of the one who called them out of darkness into his light - you need not accept it and you can tell Jesus why you have hidden your talent when he returns. My work here is finished.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jan 14

Originally posted by JS357
It won't help.

The Edict of the Diet of Worms said:

"For this reason we forbid anyone from this time forward to dare, either by words or by deeds, to receive, defend, sustain, or favour the said Martin Luther. On the contrary, we want him to be apprehended and punished as a notorious heretic, as he deserves, to be brought personally before us, or to be s ...[text shortened]... lp in his capture will be rewarded generously for their good work."

Don't take it personally.
You've become quite the quipmaster recently.

I did enjoy the wit behind this. 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 14

My work here is finished.
Your "work". Lol.

I think RJHinds had you bang to rights actually and proper knob just finished you off. Still, all part of a day's persecution for the true cause huh.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jan 14
1 edit

I guess you are using this statement as evidence that the JW organisation are Jesus only true followers because you all seem to be of a hive mind? I know there is significant watchtower instruction not to think for yourself and not to seek personal interpretation of the bible for yourself.
It's okay, I've seen a similar 'hive mind' in Mormons.

Catholics not so much. Maybe because there's so many of them.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 14
2 edits

Your "work". Lol.

I think RJHinds had you bang to rights actually and proper knob just finished you off. Still, all part of a day's persecution for the true cause huh.
Clouds come from time to time
and bring to men a chance to rest
from looking at the moon.

-Matsuo Basho

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jan 14

How comfortable and convenient for you? so this verse was directed only to a few Christians, those with an alleged 'calling', then why does Peter term them a Holy nation?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jan 14

Sorry, that was a "mis-reply".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jan 14
1 edit

I have given many verses, from Matthew where Christs command to go forth to people of all the nations is recorded, to the Book of Acts where the apostles where going from house to house, to Peter and Ephesians and the matter is quite clear in my mind that all Christians are members of a holy nation, called to declare abroad the excellencies of the on ...[text shortened]... d you can tell Jesus why you have hidden your talent when he returns. My work here is finished.
I have also given many verses that refute your interpretation of the verses you gave.

rc

Moves
29 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I have also given many verses that refute your interpretation of the verses you gave.
no what you have provided is a serious of lame excuses justifying why you have hidden your talent, tell it to Jesus, your stance amounts to this,

1. Only those with a so called calling preach and teach - if this is the case then by your own admission your are not qualified to teach and preach and we should pay no heed to your words because you have no 'calling'.

2. You are no part of the Holy nation mentioned by Peter because it was brought forth with the specific purpose to declare abroad the excellencies of the Christ, which you have no 'calling' to do.

3. Christ is 'Master of the Harvest', you by virtue of having no 'calling', take no part in this great Harvest and are simply willing to leave the work to others because you have no 'calling'.

4. The apostles of Christ and the apostle Paul went from house to house, Christ directed the disciples to do likewise, you ignore their example and are content to do nothing in this regard because you have no 'calling'.

My work here is done, you may tell the Christ upon his return why you have hidden your talent.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 14
1 edit

no what you have provided is a serious of lame excuses justifying why you have hidden your talent, tell it to Jesus, your stance amounts to this,

1. Only those with a so called calling preach and teach - if this is the case then by your own admission your are not qualified to teach and preach and we should pay no heed to your words because you ha ...[text shortened]...
My work here is done, you may tell the Christ upon his return why you have hidden your talent.
The problem with debating anything with you Robbie, is that you come from a position where you not only won't move, you cannot move because you are enslaved to every word that proceeds from the mouth of the JW governing body. You are not permitted to think for yourself, there is even watchtower directives which supports this position. So everything that anyone disagrees with you (or Galveston) on seems to you to mean that they are - and I quote you: Lame arguments by self-certified apostates. And a plethora of other insults and abuse of course.

You say to me frequently "I learn nothing from you" and yet you are neither open to learning nor in fact allowed to learn spiritually from outside the watchtower leadership. You aggressively reject any input from others which is contrary to JW established doctrine or instruction without so much as a passing acknowledgement that the truth is you CANNOT accept it, even if deep inside you felt there was a truth in it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Jan 14

The problem with debating anything with you Robbie, is that you come from a position where you not only won't move, you cannot move because you are enslaved to every word that proceeds from the mouth of the JW governing body. You are not permitted to think for yourself, there is even watchtower directives which supports this position. So everything that ...[text shortened]... nt that the truth is you CANNOT accept it, even if deep inside you felt there was a truth in it.
Maybe its time to stop then. Remember I used to be leading the JW criticisms some years ago. You seem to have taken over. Not sure you getting through to them. Give it a break and lets get back to some more juicy topics 😀

rc

Moves
29 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Maybe its time to stop then. Remember I used to be leading the JW criticisms some years ago. You seem to have taken over. Not sure you getting through to them. Give it a break and lets get back to some more juicy topics 😀
We should always try reasoning on Scripture. If the total summation of your spirituality is to attack Jehovahs Witnesses then you may end up like divesgeester, devoid of reason, exposed and condemned by his own words, a floundering shell of a Christian. If you are going to sow hatred then don't be surprised if you reap it, much better it is to appeal to reason.

rc

Moves
29 Jan 14

The problem with debating anything with you Robbie, is that you come from a position where you not only won't move, you cannot move because you are enslaved to every word that proceeds from the mouth of the JW governing body. You are not permitted to think for yourself, there is even watchtower directives which supports this position. So everything that ...[text shortened]... nt that the truth is you CANNOT accept it, even if deep inside you felt there was a truth in it.
Have you tried boohoo.com ? For the man for whom the total summation of spirituality is to attack Jehovahs Witnesses I find your pretension to reason mock worthy, as far as I can tell you are unable to reason on a single Scripture probably because you don't have the calling how else are we to account for it, rather strange for someone who claims to be destined to be a king and a priest with Christ in the heavens.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Jan 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Getting thru to them....Lol, Lol.