@ Robbie & Galveston: Merry Christmas

@ Robbie & Galveston: Merry Christmas

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 13

Originally posted by galveston75
...it seems strange the questions that come up here from a few but I'm used to it.
What is strange Galveston, is choosing to belong to a religious organisation which deprives it's members the joy of the Christmas period with their families, the joy of children's birthdays and of Easter egg hunts for the kiddies. I find the Jehovah's Witness organisation to be a misanthropic joyless one.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Jan 13

Originally posted by divegeester

I don't want to know what 8 million JW's do; I'm interested in whether you do anything "special" to enjoy the festive period or whether you religiously follow the dictates of your Governing Body and not enjoy the period at all.

It's obvious you know what I'm asking and are just playing dumb and not answering. No problem, it's noted.
"All I can answer you is what I did and what I think the rest of my family did. I have no idea what any of the other JW's
did as ...[text shortened]... yself I slept in, and worked on my car. That's about it. Sorry if that is boring but there ya go."

Divegeester, the guy just did.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 13

What is strange Galveston, is choosing to belong to a religious organisation which deprives it's members the joy of the Christmas period with their families, the joy of children's birthdays and of Easter egg hunts for the kiddies. I find the Jehovah's Witness organisation to be a misanthropic joyless one.
Well you really have no clue then to who we are. I've never known or seen a happier bunch of people in my life and if sickness or a vacation takes ne away from them I feel almost lost and sad and absolutley miss everyone of them.

Let me ask you a question... Why do you and most others here find us so interesting? Is it because we do not do the things most Christian religions do such as celibrating these holidays that you hold in such high esteem for one?

Here is another for you... Who are these passages speaking of? The regular Christian that does vote, pledges their allegance to any nation, celibrate all the pagan holidays as you do, fight in it's nations wars and would kill for that nation, etc, etc?
Not hardly.....

John 15:18
Good News Translation (GNT)

The World's Hatred
18 “If the world hates you, just remember that it has hated me first.

John 17:14

14 I gave them your message, and the world hated them, because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.

Matthew 24:9

9 “Then you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and be put to death. Everyone will hate you because of me.

James 4:4

4 Unfaithful people! Don't you know that to be the world's friend means to be God's enemy? If you want to be the world's friend, you make yourself God's enemy.

Luke 21:16-17

16 You will be handed over by your parents, your brothers, your relatives, and your friends; and some of you will be put to death. 17 Everyone will hate you because of me.

These is just a few scriptures that describe a Christian that would not be liked, accepted and even hated by the "world". Why? Because we do not do the things of the world and do what the accepted things that the other Christian religions do.
So that is why you find us so interesting and are constantly asking why we do this and don't do that. Right? I would think so 100%.

If I am wrong, tell me who these scriptures apply to if you do indeed understand them at all?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 13
1 edit

Let me ask you a question... Why do you and most others here find us so interesting?
I find JW's (not you in particular) and other religious cults interesting because you claim you hold all God's truth and yet your organisation is fundamentally flawed to the point of being damaging to some of it's members. Add to this your's and robbie's penchant ...[text shortened]... hers who hold differing or contradictory views to your JW dogma and there you have it - debate.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 13

I find JW's (not you in particular) and other religious cults interesting because you claim you hold all God's truth and yet your organisation is fundamentally flawed to the point of being damaging to some of it's members. Add to this your's and robbie's penchant hers who hold differing or contradictory views to your JW dogma and there you have it - debate.
Answer my questions please....

F

Moves
03 Jan 13

Why do you and most others here find us so interesting? Is it because we do not do the things most Christian religions do such as celibrating these holidays that you hold in such high esteem for one?
A lot of the "interest" you get "here" is possibly because of the contradictory, inconsistent and sometime hypocritical things you claim in public in posts you write and which are addressed to the members of this community. This has been explained to you repeatedly.

Does the Bible predict the extraordinarily widespread 'error' that you seem to think celebrating Christmas is? Do you have any sciptural citations?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
A lot of the "interest" you get "here" is possibly because of the contradictory, inconsistent and sometime hypocritical things you claim in public in posts you write and which are addressed to the members of this community. This has been explained to you repeatedly.

Does the Bible predict the extraordinarily widespread 'error' that you seem to think celebrating Christmas is? Do you have any sciptural citations?
Read your bible and you could learn.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 13

Answer my questions please....
I've answered the first one; the second is Christians/believers.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 13

Read your bible and you could learn.
Why don't you "answer questions" Galveston?

Whenever you are confronted with a challenging (for you) question, your tact is usually to either sneer, deflect or state - "read your Bible you could learn". I could say the same thing to you on every topic we disagree on and where would it get us?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 13

I've answered the first one; the second is Christians/believers.
So the second applies to all Christians? No it doesn't as most Christians are very much a part of this world on all the levels I mentioned.
Jesus and the others quoted in the Bible said his followers would be NO part of the world and would be hated by the world, so how does the general Christian qualify as these hated ones?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 13

Why don't you "answer questions" Galveston?

Whenever you are confronted with a challenging (for you) question, your tact is usually to either sneer, deflect or state - "read your Bible you could learn". I could say the same thing to you on every topic we disagree on and where would it get us?
Because you don't get the answers I give.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 13

So the second applies to all Christians? No it doesn't as most Christians are very much a part of this world on all the levels I mentioned.
Jesus and the others quoted in the Bible said his followers would be NO part of the world and would be hated by the world, so how does the general Christian qualify as these hated ones?
I don't know what a "general Christian" is, so I can't comment; but judging from your sneering use of the adjective I presume you view them as inferior to yourself in some way.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 13

Because you don't get the answers I give.
Are you saying you don't answer questions put to in this forum because I (or others) don't agree with you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jan 13
1 edit

That Christians will be NO part of this world is a misunderstanding of the distorted translation in the NWT by your god, the Watchtower Society. We Christians must remain in the world to fight against the evil intentions of the devil to kill, steal, and destroy. That, not only means spreading the good news of salvation by faith and trust in christ Jesus, but also being active against the false teachings of the devil by being involved in government politics and voting and standing up for what is right in God's sight. I can't see where your denial of the Trinity of God or refusal to vote to preserve our rights or give blood to save lives is setting a good Christian example. That appears to me like someone that is working on behalf of Satan the devil.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jan 13

I don't know what a "general Christian" is, so I can't comment; but judging from your sneering use of the adjective I presume you view them as inferior to yourself in some way.
Don't assume what I think or mean unless I say that's what I think or mean. Not cool dude.
I am not supperior to any human on this planet in anyway. I have simply learned what the Bible says and would love nothing more then for all to know these truths.
But I have no control on that other then to present the scriptures with explinations.
Then it is up to that person to ask God for the understanding. If that person does not really want the truth it will not be shown to them.
So you are dead wrong my friend, I am just a human as you are and not any better.