7% of Australian Catholic priests

7% of Australian Catholic priests

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
Of course not but it's not surprising that the shocking goings on in religious organizations - like the ones being investigated by the Royal Comission - come up on a forum like this populated in part by religious people and members of religious organisations.
sure

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 17

Apparently they have an appetite for boys with 80-97% of claimants being male
Weirdo priests.
Shame on the other priests for not saying something earlier

rc

Moves
06 Feb 17
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Apparently they have an appetite for boys with 80-97% of claimants being male
Weirdo priests.
Shame on the other priests for not saying something earlier
From what I have read I think there is a statistical bias among male paedophiles to
perpetrate acts against children of the same sex. This of course is not proof that
homosexuals have a greater propensity to offend against children.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1556756

Its really interesting the way society and the courts have dealt with paedophiles. They are
a kind of subhuman gangrene that must be cut off and purged lest their monstrous
actions permeate the whole.

You will find extra judicial killings everywhere, e.g. In the UK Andrew Cunningham was
stabbed fifty times and had his genitals cut off. In Bolivia lynch mobs stormed a police
station, hailed the alleged paedophile out and killed him, Its not an infrequent
occurrence.

Even judicially some states like Louisiana have the death sentence for rape of a minor.
Others proscribe chemical castration and for a while literal castration was seen as a
viable solution.

What are we to make of it?

E

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
From what I have read I think there is a statistical bias among male paedophiles to
perpetrate acts against children of the same sex. This of course is not proof that

Its really interesting the way society and the courts have dea ...[text shortened]... for a while literal castration was seen as a
viable solution.

Not proof, just evidence.

As for the topic, by your actions you are known.

rc

Moves
06 Feb 17
2 edits

Originally posted by Eladar
Not proof, just evidence.

As for the topic, by your actions you are known.
Evidence that homosexuals are more likely to engage in acts of paedophilia? I reject the
argument on the basis that its illogical. It does not follow.

I agree that actions are defining but not everyone shares the belief. From what I
understand though the conventional view is that its a mixture of environment and biology.

https://neuroanthropology.net/2010/05/10/inside-the-mind-of-a-pedophile/

E

Moves
06 Feb 17

Evidence that homosexuals are more likely to engage in acts of paedophilia? I reject the
argument on the basis that its illogical. It does not follow.

I agree that actions are defining but not everyone shares the belief. From what I
understand though the conventional view is that its a mixture of environment and biology.

https://neuroanthropology.net/2010/05/10/inside-the-mind-of-a-pedophile/
Homosexuality is by definition sexually immoral behavior. If 100 percent of the population are sexual deviants, then they will have a higher probability when compared to a group which is not.

rc

Moves
06 Feb 17
1 edit

Homosexuality is by definition sexually immoral behavior. If 100 percent of the population are sexual deviants, then they will have a higher probability when compared to a group which is not.
The reality is not so simple. There are considered to be two types of paedophiles, those who focus exclusively on children and have no interest in adults and those who are not exclusive paedophiles. This is further compounded by the idea that there are homosexual paedophiles and bi-sexual paedophiles. There are also female paedophiles.

Infidel

Moves
07 Feb 17

By whose definition, champ?

E

Moves
07 Feb 17

The reality is not so simple. There are considered to be two types of paedophiles, those who focus exclusively on children and have no interest in adults and those who are not exclusive paedophiles. This is further compounded by the idea that there are homosexual paedophiles and bi-sexual paedophiles. There are also female paedophiles.
OK if you want to make distincyion betweem bi sexual men and homosexual, I will agree with you that between those two groups there is no reason to assume different rates.

E

Moves
07 Feb 17

Originally posted by Great King Rat
By whose definition, champ?
By God's.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Feb 17

Saved? I have no idea what that means FMF, saved can mean different things to different people? Its an ambiguous term.
You always claim you didn't not know what "saved" means. I simply don't believe you robbie; it is this kind of intellectual dishonesty over the years that has brought you the poor reputation you have here. Jesus quite adequately explained what the concept meant to Nicodemus in john 3:1. Paul and Silas explained what it meant to be "saved" to jailer the in Acts 16:30.

Furthermore your protestations in this thread that you have no vested interest because it is Catholics in focus, is complete dishonesty again by you. You have a vested interest because your nasty pernicious cult does not bring its child abusing leaders to the authorities, as we have extensively demonstrated in this forum several times.

E

Moves
07 Feb 17

From what I have been able to find there are about 3 000 catholic priests in Australia so we are talking roughly 210 pedophiles in this story.

F

Moves
07 Feb 17
1 edit

Its really interesting the way society and the courts have dealt with paedophiles. They are
a kind of subhuman gangrene that must be cut off and purged lest their monstrous
actions permeate the whole.
Would you describe yourself as opposed to purging and then cutting off people who fail to live up to a group's norms and rules?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Feb 17

Its really interesting the way society and the courts have dea ...[text shortened]... for a while literal castration was seen as a
viable solution.

I am not sure what to make of all this but it is clear that we cant just leave the Catholic church to his weed out the bad priests.

Apparently the church has been doing it's own investigations and "handling" these problems without any independent agencies . Something not right about that.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Feb 17

By God's.
This sort of answer is just not helpful for anyone...

Especially to gay Christians