6 day creation story, ancient Egyptian mythology:

6 day creation story, ancient Egyptian mythology:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
16 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
As is pointed out in the beginning post on who wrote Genesis, the Hebrews did not get any of the Genesis creation story from the Egyptians. The Egyptian creation myths and all other creation myths are just distortion to the original creation account from God.

Did you read the following reference on the dating of Moses and the Exodus on this thread?

Eg ...[text shortened]...
Publish date:Feb 24, 2009

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_archaeology_Egypt_Moses
The one you just posted is a broken link. Can you just post the date he gives for Moses - I don't really want to read some writings designed to appeal to Creationist Christians.

Ptah's cult was centred on Memphis, and he was worshipped from at least the first dynasty, so that's from c.3100B.C. onwards. That is considerably older than Abraham, who can't be more than a two or three centuries before Moses.

Ahkenaten was the first king of Egypt to be associated with the word Pharaoh, so, unless they were incorrectly using the word in the Bible, Abraham and therefore Moses must have post-dated him (1330 BC). King David is fairly reliably dated to around 1,000 B.C., there is not much time between for the Patriarchs, settlement in Egypt, the Exodus, and the Book of Judges, to happen.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
The one you just posted is a broken link. Can you just post the date he gives for Moses - I don't really want to read some writings designed to appeal to Creationist Christians.

Ptah's cult was centred on Memphis, and he was worshipped from at least the first dynasty, so that's from c.3100B.C. onwards. That is considerably older than Abraham, who ca ...[text shortened]... between for the Patriarchs, settlement in Egypt, the Exodus, and the Book of Judges, to happen.
You can google Egypt and the Bible - Amazing Discoveries

I believe he had the exodus from Egypt a few years after 1450, but I don't remember all the details about the exact date he was born and who the pharaohs were during the time he was in Egypt.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
16 Jun 14

You can google Egypt and the Bible - Amazing Discoveries

I believe he had the exodus from Egypt a few years after 1450, but I don't remember all the details about the exact date he was born and who the pharaohs were during the time he was in Egypt.
Thutmose III fought the battle of Megiddo around then (~1457BC) taking a lot of Canaanite slaves, which makes sense with the account of the Israelites being enslaved in Egypt. But there is no indication that any of those Pharaohs died in battle or by drowning.

References to the sea peoples from 1700ish make some sense, as there was a famine in Egypt around then (Joseph story), and one can speculate that the "Sea closing over the Pharaoh" is a poetic description of a pincer movement. The Israelites job being to draw the Egyptian forces into the pincer. This would fit with Ahkenaten as there are more mentions of the Sea Peoples around then as well.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
Thutmose III fought the battle of Megiddo around then (~1457BC) taking a lot of Canaanite slaves, which makes sense with the account of the Israelites being enslaved in Egypt. But there is no indication that any of those Pharaohs died in battle or by drowning.

References to the sea peoples from 1700ish make some sense, as there was a famine in Egypt ...[text shortened]... This would fit with Ahkenaten as there are more mentions of the Sea Peoples around then as well.
I haven't studied this too much and I don't know a great deal about this subject and trying to determine the dates, but it has to be more accurate than dating the age of the earth to 4.5 billion years. I am still sticking to about 6,000 years until I get solid evidence to the contrary.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jun 14

I haven't studied this too much and I don't know a great deal about this subject and trying to determine the dates, but it has to be more accurate than dating the age of the earth to 4.5 billion years. I am still sticking to about 6,000 years until I get solid evidence to the contrary.
For you, it wouldn't matter WHAT other people called solid evidence, you would rationalize it all away and just revert to Goddidit.

We already HAVE solid evidence and you have already rationalized that away in your fantasy world so what would be different about any other kind of evidence?

F

Moves
16 Jun 14

You don't need solid evidence. Your religion is fixed, no solid evidence will ever change your religious ideas. You will never learn anything if it threatens your precious legends you so religiously believe in.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You don't need solid evidence. Your religion is fixed, no solid evidence will ever change your religious ideas. You will never learn anything if it threatens your precious legends you so religiously believe in.
I believe because of the facts, evidence of prophecy fulfilled, and just plain common sense.

F

Moves
16 Jun 14

I believe because of the facts, evidence of prophecy fulfilled, and just plain common sense.
That's exactly what I wrote. Your mind is set.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 14

That's exactly what I wrote. Your mind is set.
Until you have solid facts...

The Near Genius

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Jun 14

The Near Genius
You wouldn't know or accept a solid fact if it came up and bit you in the ass.

You just re-puke the same BS over and over and over and you actually think you are converting people when in fact you are a joke of the chess community.

F

Moves
17 Jun 14

The Near Genius
This *is* the solid fact: Your mind is set.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 14

This *is* the solid fact: Your mind is set.
Yeah, set to receive the truth.

F

Moves
17 Jun 14

Yeah, set to receive the truth.
And when will this happen? Hasn't happen yet.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 14

And when will this happen? Hasn't happen yet.
You seem to be set to receive the lie.

F

Moves
17 Jun 14

You seem to be set to receive the lie.
Only when I read what you produce on RedHotPawn.