6 day creation story, ancient Egyptian mythology:

6 day creation story, ancient Egyptian mythology:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Who wrote the Book of Genesis?

These videos give the answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV-UhrrttAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLzRDKDcJ_E
I could give a shyte less. I don't need ancient Egyptian mythology to rule my life, troller.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
I could give a shyte less. I don't need ancient Egyptian mythology to rule my life, troller.
You are one of those that are willing ignorant, like the Holy Bible says.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jun 14

You are one of those that are willing ignorant, like the Holy Bible says.
No, I follow science wherever it leads. If it leads to a 6000 year old Earth, so be it. You on the other hand can NEVER believe in the possibility of even a million year old Earth much less billions.

We are broadening the level of science every day, which is advancing at a rate unheard of in human history. The internet is engendering a speedup of all sciences.

Your creation myth on the other hand is stuck in low gear and will never rise above the level of god did it.

You and your ilk will be shouting to smaller and smaller crowds as the absurdities and inconsistencies get more and more known to people who learn to think critically to where there may be only a handful of your buddies holed up in some cabin in Wyoming shouting their dogma to the wolfs and mountain lions who also could give a shyte less about your fairy tales.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 14

No, I follow science wherever it leads. If it leads to a 6000 year old Earth, so be it. You on the other hand can NEVER believe in the possibility of even a million year old Earth much less billions.

We are broadening the level of science every day, which is advancing at a rate unheard of in human history. The internet is engendering a speedup of all sc ...[text shortened]... r dogma to the wolfs and mountain lions who also could give a shyte less about your fairy tales.
Well, the science plus logic and reason leads to a 6,000 year old earth. Instead of considering the 80% of the science evidence that leads to the conclusion for a young earth, you take that 20% that suggests an old earth and then pick the 1 that gives the oldest age instead of using common sense and taking the one that leads to an age of about 6,000 years.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jun 14

Well, the science plus logic and reason leads to a 6,000 year old earth. Instead of considering the 80% of the science evidence that leads to the conclusion for a young earth, you take that 20% that suggests an old earth and then pick the 1 that gives the oldest age instead of using common sense and taking the one that leads to an age of about 6,000 years.
You have lost the ability for critical thinking otherwise you would recant your silly fantasies.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 14
1 edit

You have lost the ability for critical thinking otherwise you would recant your silly fantasies.
What is the most 'cutting edge' fact for creation?

Here are the answers:

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jun 14

What is the most 'cutting edge' fact for creation?

Here are the answers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3yTfaf4Kw
Oh please, gag me with a spoon, yet another creationist BS video. Yawn.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
15 Jun 14

The only evidence for a 6000 year old earth comes from the bible. There is no Scientific evidence for a young earth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
The [b]only evidence for a 6000 year old earth comes from the bible. There is no Scientific evidence for a young earth.[/b]
I have already provided videos that shows some of the scientific evidences for a young earth and a young universe.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jun 14

I have already provided videos that shows some of the scientific evidences for a young earth and a young universe.
You WISH that crap was actual science. What it REALLY is is just warmed over rehashing of claims that have been refuted time and time again but in your addled brain you just can't get it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 14

You WISH that crap was actual science. What it REALLY is is just warmed over rehashing of claims that have been refuted time and time again but in your addled brain you just can't get it.
You are the one that does not get it, because you are willingly ignorant just like the Holy Bible says.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
15 Jun 14

The problem with this thread is that it has turned into yet another pointless argument between the creationists on one side and the naturalists [1] on the other. Which is a shame because the Egyptian myths are worth a look on their own merits.

For example, on the forth day Thoth, the God of Learning, made a bet with the Moon to add 5 days to the year to get extra light so that Nut could give birth. We have 360 degrees in a circle, but 365 days in a year - so a little geometry got mixed in. There is a mythological account as to why the number of degrees in a circle does not match the number of days in the year and a potential explanation as to why there are 360 degrees in a circle in the first place.

Also I think that it is interesting that they had several creation myths that are apparently contradictory, but complement each other. The Mephis myth has Ptah, the God of Craftsmen, create the universe by having the idea and then creating the world and the other Gods, by speaking their names. So maybe this is where the Hebrews got the idea of creation by the word of God from.

Since the ancient Egyptians, as far as we know, were not in a continual state of religious civil war the various priesthoods could co-exist. The only real problem came when Amenhotep IV of the 18th dynasty renamed himself Akhenaten, declared Aten (the God of the disc of the Sun) the only God and himself Aten's representative on Earth - he then went about suppressing all the other priesthoods. When he died the Priesthood suppressed Aten, his son Tutankhaten renamed himself Tutankhamun (yes him) and didn't last long. At some point before or after Tutankhamum's death they suppressed the memory of Akhenaten. The nineteenth dynasty started shortly afterwards. As far as I'm aware this is the first instance of monotheism in history - the end of his 17 year reign is dated to around 1,330 BC. The Hebrews do not seem to have been monotheistic until after the return from exile, as the bible has numerous mentions of Ashtoreth poles and so on.

[1] By naturalists I mean those who accept the Scientific narrative, even if they have a deity as the prime mover.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by DeepThought
The problem with this thread is that it has turned into yet another pointless argument between the creationists on one side and the naturalists [1] on the other. Which is a shame because the Egyptian myths are worth a look on their own merits.

For example, on the forth day Thoth, the God of Learning, made a bet with the Moon to add 5 days to the ye ...[text shortened]... I mean those who accept the Scientific narrative, even if they have a deity as the prime mover.
As is pointed out in the beginning post on who wrote Genesis, the Hebrews did not get any of the Genesis creation story from the Egyptians. The Egyptian creation myths and all other creation myths are just distortion to the original creation account from God.

Did you read the following reference on the dating of Moses and the Exodus on this thread?

Egypt and the Bible

Author: Professor Walter J. Veith, PhD

Publish date:Feb 24, 2009

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_archaeology_Egypt_Moses

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jun 14

As is pointed out in the beginning post on who wrote Genesis, the Hebrews did not get any of the Genesis creation story from the Egyptians. The Egyptian creation myths and all other creation myths are just distortion to the original creation account from God.
I would rather believe in the Egyptian version than your repave job.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 14

I would rather believe in the Egyptian version than your repave job.
I know you would.