2nd greatest question

2nd greatest question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @apathist
And why are we aware of anything at all.
Because we are created in the image and likeness of God with conscious awareness.

It's a beautiful concept without equal.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
The authority of the great creator who doesn't attempt to prove anything , instead insisting on faith and devotion to the church .
How you reconcile your good (rational )self with with ONLY stories from one old book is beyond me
Reconcile your own self with whatever old stories you choose. I have found the truth. Better yet the truth has found me. I believe God. I have absolute certainty that I have eternal life based on the truth of God's Word.

You don't.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
The universe has always existed, in one form or another. It is just our finite concept of time that is limited.
Einstein had an arbitrary constant embedded in his General Theory of Relativity to make the calculations be about a physical universe that always existed. Latter he said that the inclusion of that arbitrary constant was the biggest mistake of his life.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
The great unknown where did everything comes from is never going to be answered by man. We can at best give a rational for some idea that sounds good, at least until another rational that sounds better comes because there is always some new idea.

So I believe we are either in a universe with a purpose which means with cause we are here, or not. With cau ...[text shortened]... o us by the One who created the universe, since none who lives here was around when it occurred.
Well I guess 'man' should just stop trying, renounce his anti-biblical ways and thoughts and get on the 'waiting escalator ' to die and meet some angels at the pearly gates. (Thats sorta what you believe isn't it. )

I'm sorry but I want to keep my brain. I want to keep learning, I'm not going to hand over my authority/power to any outside agency .... ever.

I'll sink or swim by myself - and even if I sink, I'll still prefer that to a Christian lobotomy

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @josephw
Reconcile your own self with whatever old stories you choose. I have found the truth. Better yet the truth has found me. I believe God. I have absolute certainty that I have eternal life based on the truth of God's Word.

You don't.
No I dont. Thank effin' Frankenchrist!!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Nov 17

Well I guess 'man' should just stop trying, renounce his anti-biblical ways and thoughts and get on the 'waiting escalator ' to die and meet some angels at the pearly gates. (Thats sorta what you believe isn't it. )

I'm sorry but I want to keep my brain. I want to keep learning, I'm not going to hand over my authority/power to any outside agency .. ...[text shortened]... 'll sink or swim by myself - and even if I sink, I'll still prefer that to a Christian lobotomy
That is the trouble with most "man" they think it is a wait till you die escalator ride.
No, God who created us, wants us in the here and now, when we die is to late.

Not sure why you think you have to give up your brain, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

P

weedhopper

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @josephw
Why obfuscate what I said apathist? I didn't say I observed the universe being created. Read what I said and acknowledge my intent. Don't twist what I said into something I didn't say.

What I'm saying is that it is observable that the universe was created.
You will never convince anyone of the existence of God, let alone His creation, Jesus, and the Gospel, by simply repeating that the world "looks" ordered so it MUST have been created. (assuming you ARE trying to convince people of the truth about God; if you're just mucking about with them, then carry on.) I believe God created the universe, but I know I can't prove it; it requires faith. Most religions I am familiar with eventually require a leap of faith, the belief in some one or some thing with absolutely no tangible proof that it is real. To many, this is unicorns, magic, etc., but I understand that. Personally, I have no problem believing in the scriptures and the scientific proofs about the age of the universe, earth, evolution, dinosaur extinction and the many other things that upset so many believers and unbelievers. It's really simple to merge God and science.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Nov 17

That is the trouble with most "man" they think it is a wait till you die escalator ride.
No, God who created us, wants us in the here and now, when we die is to late.

Not sure why you think you have to give up your brain, but I'm sure you have your reasons.
You have to give up independent thought, You must adhere to the Christian collective. And that is just soooooo boring. I'd rather talk to someone who has their own views on reality.

But I aint' waitin' to die. Too busy learning. Too busy experiencing and permeating. No time to think about later. I'm here already 😵

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @pinkfloyd
You will never convince anyone of the existence of God, let alone His creation, Jesus, and the Gospel, by simply repeating that the world "looks" ordered so it MUST have been created. (assuming you ARE trying to convince people of the truth about God; if you're just mucking about with them, then carry on.) I believe God created the universe, but I know I ...[text shortened]... ings that upset so many believers and unbelievers. It's really simple to merge God and science.
Hey man! big hiatus?

Nice to have a practical Christian in the house.
Is whodey trying to convince anyone? I doubt it. But then what is he doing ?

I'll let you answer that last one if you feel like it. Cheers

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Nov 17
2 edits

You have to give up independent thought, You must adhere to the Christian collective. And that is just soooooo boring. I'd rather talk to someone who has their own views on reality.

But I aint' waitin' to die. Too busy learning. Too busy experiencing and permeating. No time to think about later. I'm here already 😵
Hardly, to serve a God who designed the entire universe, holds it all together by the power
of His Word, who is limitless in time and space so the universe cannot even contain Him,
who is not only all powerful, but all knowing, a Spiritual being of Love. It doesn't get any
better than that! While you think this universe is without purpose, wasn't planned, it has
no purpose, and for the most part is dead. I think I have so much more now in walking with
Him, and true more to look forward to than you.

There is nothing about being brain dead in my faith, what I have in following after God,
learning His ways, isn't independent thought yes, it is however connecting to the Alpha
and Omega, the beginning and the End, verses being my own god, I follow Him. What
good is having an independent thought about the universe if it isn't connected to the One
who created it? That just means you'd rather be in rebellion to God than with Him. Trust
me there is nothing boring about God.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @pinkfloyd
You will never convince anyone of the existence of God, let alone His creation, Jesus, and the Gospel, by simply repeating that the world "looks" ordered so it MUST have been created. (assuming you ARE trying to convince people of the truth about God; if you're just mucking about with them, then carry on.) I believe God created the universe, but I know I ...[text shortened]... ings that upset so many believers and unbelievers. It's really simple to merge God and science.
The universe doesn't just "look" ordered. It is ordered.

You are also in error about faith. Faith isn't blind. Faith has nothing to do with believing without evidence. That's a complete misnomer.

Faith is believing and trusting in what you know is true. Is God a liar?

Acts 1:3
To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Do you believe the testimony of Gods Word? Do you know in fact that Jesus rose from the dead? It's a lie that faith is blind.

There are no "scientific proofs" about the age of the universe. It's pure theoretical conjecture.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 17

Hey man! big hiatus?

Nice to have a practical Christian in the house.
Is whodey trying to convince anyone? I doubt it. But then what is he doing ?

I'll let you answer that last one if you feel like it. Cheers
I fear if I say anything to you you might think I'm talking to someone else.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
01 Nov 17

Anything brought out is going to be an assertion for crying out loud!
You have a point. So all claims are equal.

I guess nothing is going to be acceptable to you.
Or, I utilize a set of standards. For some reason.

I asked for evidence, and you provided only assertions. That doesn't make your assertions wrong, it just means you failed to provide any evidence for your assertions.

Let's say say I claim the earth is flat. You say provide evidence. I say the earth is flat. You say that is assertion, not evidence.

So I say, *ahem*...
Anything brought out is going to be an assertion for crying out loud!

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Einstein had an arbitrary constant embedded in his General Theory of Relativity to make the calculations be about a physical universe that always existed. Latter he said that the inclusion of that arbitrary constant was the biggest mistake of his life.
And later it turns out he was right anyway!

Many in my camp believe that reality must conform to math, but it doesn't, so if that's what you meant you made a point.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Nov 17

Originally posted by @apathist
You have a point. So all claims are equal.

[b]I guess nothing is going to be acceptable to you.

Or, I utilize a set of standards. For some reason.

I asked for evidence, and you provided only assertions. That doesn't make your assertions wrong, it just means you failed to provide any evidence for your assertions.

Let's say say I claim the ea ...[text shortened]... I say, *ahem*...
Anything brought out is going to be an assertion for crying out loud! [/b]
What ever!