1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 00:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The sheer numbers of animals goes up when you remember that it was two each only of the 'unclean' animals. It was seven each of the 'clean' animals.

Reference source for the correction?
    WTF

even I know this!

as does anyone who has played more than a handful of pub quizzes
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 01:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    WTF

even I know this!

as does anyone who has played more than a handful of pub quizzes
    .... and "does anyone who has played more than a handful of pub quizzes"
    know to "... include the weight of the sins of all mankind [past, present and future]
    which were imputed to Christ and judged."?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 01:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, judging from my inexact polling numbers, a shocking number of those who believe in the veracity of the Bible do not understand that it was a lot more than simply "two of every animal" on board the ark. I doubt the scientists took it into account, no.

I would guess, however, that that number would safely leave plenty of room for those animals onboa ...[text shortened]... ter all, they were on the ark nearly a year waiting for the waters to abate and the land to dry.
    Thanks, again.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 01:33
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I think it's great that theists often proclaim that science is false, guesswork, wishful thinking, trying to minimize god and/or corrupted, except when science can be used to strenghten their preconceived notions. Then they like to use "science" to their advantage.
    Reality is the issue... scientific and non-scientific people attempt to objectively apprehend it.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 01:47
    Reality is the issue... scientific and non-scientific people attempt to objectively apprehend it.
    Never mind science how about just plain common sense. What I really want to know the more I read these stupid, repetitive threads about stuff in the Bible like Noah's Ark that is clearly mythological is WTF is wrong with you people? Seriously, WTF exactly is wrong with you people?!?!??!!!!!!

It's frustrating. A bunch of idiots the whole bloody lot of you.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:06
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Never mind science how about just plain common sense. What I really want to know the more I read these stupid, repetitive threads about stuff in the Bible like Noah's Ark that is clearly mythological is WTF is wrong with you people? Seriously, WTF exactly is wrong with you people?!?!??!!!!!!

It's frustrating. A bunch of idiots the whole bloody lot of you.
    "If God didn't exist, what possible difference would it make whether or not people put their faith in Him?" -JV

I respect your right to an opinion. Would you prefer that the "bunch of idiots" thought and acted exactly like Ullr?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:082 edits
    Originally quoted by Grampy Bobby
    "If God didn't exist, what possible difference would it make whether or not people put their faith in Him?"
    It would be both intellectually dishonest and a spiritual dead end to put their faith in Him if he didn't exist.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:13
    .... and "does anyone who has played more than a handful of pub quizzes"
    know to "... include the weight of the sins of all mankind [past, present and future]
    which were imputed to Christ and judged."?
    Irrelevant. You play "holier than thou" and don't know the
    basics about the book your faith is based on. Shocking!
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Irrelevant. You play "holier than thou" and don't know the
    basics about the book your faith is based on. Shocking!
    There's new bible doctrine, rationales and applications to learn every day; otherwise a believer's growth to maturity is stunted. I care greatly about God's evaluation of my thoughts and deeds. Human criticisms I leave in His hands.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:40
    I care greatly about God's evaluation of my thoughts and deeds. Human criticisms I leave in His hands.
    I've met people talking like this on The Tube in London. 🙂
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:46
    I care greatly about God's evaluation of my thoughts and deeds. Human criticisms I leave in His hands.
    Bang goes your often mentioned claim to be engaging in "an honest conversation between friends".

You outsource responding to the bits of the "honest conversation" that you don't like or that are inconvenient to God?
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 05:37
    Reality is the least of your issues.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 05:471 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Reality is the least of your issues.
    Whether you realize it or not, apprehending absolute spiritual reality is the singularly most important priority in our lives.
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 06:071 edit
    Noah's ark is nonsense. Did these so-called scientists explain how the insects and arachnids could survive under 5 miles deep of water ? The pressure would flatten them all. With the supposed ferocity of the rain little could survive on the surface of the water. The 'flood" fable is a retelling of the Babylonian flood fable of Ut-Napishtm ( a story which was carved in stone 1500 years before the Hebrew fable was said to have taken place).
    🙄🙄🙄
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 06:54
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Noah's ark is nonsense. Did these so-called scientists explain how the insects and arachnids could survive under 5 miles deep of water ? The pressure would flatten them all. With the supposed ferocity of the rain little could survive on the surface of the water. The 'flood" fable is a retelling of the Babylonian flood fable of Ut-Napishtm ( a story which was carved in stone 1500 years before the Hebrew fable was said to have taken place).
    🙄🙄🙄
    I'd like to learn more about the "fable of Ut-Napishtm" and will search for information online. Thanks, caissad4.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree