"10 Things I Wish Christians Considered..."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Nov 15

Question: Is the following construct sufficiently logical and/or intellectually honest for the purpose of an objective discussion?

Thesis: God exists; He has always existed and has a plan of reconciliation for the entire human race.

Antithesis: No, your "God" does not exist and therefore there is no such thing as a "plan of reconciliation for the entire human race".

Synthesis: With reference to the "Thesis", it could be true.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
02 Dec 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Question: Is the following construct sufficiently logical and/or intellectually honest for the purpose of an objective discussion?

Thesis: God exists; He has always existed and has a plan of reconciliation for the entire human race.

Antithesis: No, your "God" does not exist and therefore there is no such thing as a "plan of re ...[text shortened]... ntire human race".

Synthesis: With reference to the "Thesis", it could be true.[/b]
There is a flaw with the antithesis. It assumes that in a world without God there can be no "plan of reconciliation for the entire human race.". I'd say that there is no reason there couldn't be, it's just it would not be a divinely inspired one.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Dec 15
5 edits

Originally posted by DeepThought
There is a flaw with the antithesis. It assumes that in a world without God there can be no "plan of reconciliation for the entire human race.". I'd say that there is no reason there couldn't be, it's just it would not be a divinely inspired one.
DT, it's incredibly difficult to locate much less find something you're not actively thinking about and/or actually looking for.

In my view, the sole alternative is to abandon the search prematurely, i.e. before all possible options have been thoroughly explored and then to live in a house of temporal misconceptions and shattered eternal possibilities. What if it does exist as a "divinely inspired one" ["reason"] and is still alive and well on the face of the earth and beyond the human outposts of the unexplored infinite spatial universe? -GB

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Dec 15

The only problem with the logic: a "plan" requires a "planner."
Without the latter, the former cannot occur.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Dec 15

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The only problem with the logic: a "plan" requires a "planner."
Without the latter, the former cannot occur.
Are humans not capable of planning for themselves?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Dec 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Are humans not capable of planning for themselves?
Your logic works great when it's allowed to isolate the concepts.

The statement speaks of a reconciliation: to whom is the human race to be reconciled?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Dec 15

The statement speaks of a reconciliation: to whom is the human race to be reconciled?
With its Creator, of course.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Dec 15

The human race reconciling with itself would be a good start.

Moves
29 Dec 15
2 edits

DT, it's incredibly difficult to locate much less find something you're not actively thinking about and/or actually looking for.

In my view, the sole alternative is to abandon the search prematurely, i.e. before all possible options have been thoroughly explored and then to live in a house of temporal misconceptions and shattered eternal possibiliti ...[text shortened]... face of the earth and beyond the human outposts of the unexplored infinite spatial universe? -GB
Have you ever considered the possibility that you could be wrong; about anything Christianity related at all?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Have you ever considered the possibility that you could be wrong; about anything Christianity related at all?
Have you?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Yes. All believers in Christ who are growing in grace, by systematically exposing themselves to the accurate teaching of the Word of God,
eventually realize that growth is a process in which knowledge gradually replaces ignorance. on various points of doctrine.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Feb 16

DT, given the hypothetical "in a world without God",
the only "reconciliation" possible would be human to human or horizontal/temporal
rather than human to deity or vertical/eternal.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Feb 16

[b]"10 Things I Wish Christians Considered Before Arguing with Atheists" (By Michael Lehmann: February 9, 2015)

"Mike Lehmann edits Jesus & Dawkins, a blog that looks at the intersection of Christianity, science, and atheism. We asked him to list 10 things he wishes Christians knew before arguing with atheists about God."

"1. Make su ...[text shortened]... tians-considered-before-arguing-with-atheists/36113

Your thoughts?
I don't consider any of that. 😏

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 16

Originally posted by RJHinds
I don't consider any of that. 😏
Please clarify your reply.

Moves
04 Feb 16

Originally posted by Suzianne