1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '23 02:56
    Could it be made possible to undo errors [maybe consecutively working backwards] when typing? This would be useful especially when posting using a phone.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 May '23 19:09
    @fmf said
    Could it be made possible to undo errors [maybe consecutively working backwards] when typing? This would be useful especially when posting using a phone.
    So you want to do edits without them tallying up, is that it?

The feature is working as intended. You have a perfectly functional way to do what you want.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 May '23 05:30
    @fmf said
    Is the "preview post" tickbox not available on your phone?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '23 16:24
    @kewpie said
    Is the "preview post" tickbox not available on your phone?
    I am talking about, let's say, typing something and then deleting it and then thinking better of it and having the option to undo that deletion. This is all before posting. It has nothing to do with editing a post after it has been posted.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '23 16:25
    @suzianne said
    So you want to do edits without them tallying up, is that it?
    No, nothing even remotely like that.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '23 16:27
    @suzianne said
    The feature is working as intended. You have a perfectly functional way to do what you want.
    There is no "undo" feature for when one is typing text.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '23 20:55
    @fmf said
    There is no "undo" feature for when one is typing text.
    It's called the backspace key.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '23 04:42
    @suzianne said
    It's called the backspace key.
    No. A backspace key and an undo feature are different.

If I type a sentence and then delete it - using the backspace key - but I delete the previous sentence as well by accident, with an undo feature I can reverse that unintended deletion rather than have to type both sentences all over again.

It'd be handy when typing on my phone where things get inadvertently deleted sometimes because the small screen makes things fiddly. Most text writing/editing apps have an undo feature.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree