Secure Login?

Secure Login?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
28 Sep 10

I am new to this site and I do not know if it was ever suggested in the past.

At the least, is it possible to set a secure HTTPS login to protect players from being hacked.

I know most chess players are honest but I would not be happy if my account was hacked and somebody put me on terrilble slide.

Dont hav to get a full blown SSL but just seting the login to a secure part of the server should not be that difficult of a mod.

Moves
28 Sep 10

i've been here for 5 years and have never heard of anyone getting their account hacked. log off in public places, clear cache and you'll be fine.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
29 Sep 10

Finally! an answer to my terrible slides and my awful rating!!!! THANK YOU!!

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
29 Sep 10

Originally posted by trev33
i've been here for 5 years and have never heard of anyone getting their account hacked. log off in public places, clear cache and you'll be fine.
How could anyone get back on the site if thier account got hacked silly?:p

David

Bristol, UK

Moves
29 Sep 10

HTTPS won't protect your account from a hacker. It will protect your credentials from being intercepted as they are sent over the Internet but it can't do anything about a brute-force/well-guessed password crack if someone already knows your email address.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
29 Sep 10

Originally posted by MrHooHaa
I am new to this site and I do not know if it was ever suggested in the past.

At the least, is it possible to set a secure HTTPS login to protect players from being hacked.

I know most chess players are honest but I would not be happy if my account was hacked and somebody put me on terrilble slide.

Dont hav to get a full blown SSL but just seting the login to a secure part of the server should not be that difficult of a mod.
Did you have a nightmare that you logged into RHP and the cast of The Matrix had logged into your account and resigned all your games?

P-