Search Site Content

Search Site Content

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Jun 15

The "Search Site Content" function seems excruciatingly poor sometimes. For example, these last 24 hours or so, my screen name - plus single words I know I have used on the forums - coughs up zero hits. It's as if it just can't be bothered to help me. 😳

Australia

Moves
21 Jun 15

Perhaps you've only been in the private forums?

F

Moves
21 Jun 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
Perhaps you've only been in the private forums?
I was looking for stuff in the Spirituality Forum.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
21 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
The "Search Site Content" function seems excruciatingly poor sometimes. For example, these last 24 hours or so, my screen name - plus single words I know I have used on the forums - coughs up zero hits. It's as if it just can't be bothered to help me. 😳
It may be borrowing external tools like Google, and Google's a web-crawl based engine, which means you need to give it a few days to crawl new things.

Australia

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
It may be borrowing external tools like Google, and Google's a web-crawl based engine, which means you need to give it a few days to crawl new things.
I don't know why these robot gadgets can't work at lightning speeds. 😠

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
02 Jul 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
I don't know why these robot gadgets can't work at lightning speeds. 😠
Because super-conductors haven't yet been invented. 😵

T

Moves
25 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What you want to request is for RHP to search its database rather than trying to leverage "Google Custom Search". From what I gather GCS only searches web pages that Google has indexed. As such, it'll always be hit-and-miss as to whether or not you'll be able to find what your searching for no matter how long you wait. Seems like a very high percentage of the time, I can't find what I'm looking for regardless of how long ago it was posted.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 15

Originally posted by FMF
No, that's not it!
It just wants to forget you exist! 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 15

Originally posted by FMF
I was looking for stuff in the Spirituality Forum.
Well, there's nothing there to find anyway! 😉