1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 00:25
    @very-rusty said
    @petewxyz said
    I suppose you could have something like an automatic two day sin bin (forum only ban) for acquiring ten red thumbs in 24 hours? Short but immediate consequences can be very effective, but it could be open to misuse and then you start to need a referee reviewing the thumbs... I like the idea though if it was trial and review?

Here is the problem with that ...[text shortened]... ed thumbs down in an hour, perhaps less. It becomes a who's popular and who isn't thing then.

-VR
    You keep pushing this BS narrative.

No one (who's an adult, anyway) thumbs down a post based on the poster. The overwhelming majority of thumbs down are given because the person disagrees with the post and wants to show disapproval without getting attacked for expressing their opinion. Your perjoratives aimed at your numerous 'thumbs down' just shows you really do care, and that the many who do disagree with your posts are having their voices heard. Now if only you listened.

Blowing off their opinions as only a game being played against you is, frankly, disrespectful and wrong.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 17:361 edit
    @suzianne said
    No one (who's an adult, anyway) thumbs down a post based on the poster.
    Good grief, I nearly choked!

Surely you didn’t write this?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 18:09
    @suzianne said

No one (who's an adult, anyway) thumbs down a post based on the poster.
    Suzie Q, you do it on a regular basis!

-VR
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 18:34
    @divegeester said
    Good grief, I nearly choked!

Surely you didn’t write this?
    Go force your fantasies on someone else.

You're boring me.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 18:472 edits
    @very-rusty said
    Suzie Q, you do it on a regular basis!

-VR
    Really Kreskin?

Tell me what else I do "on a regular basis".

Do I have any time for sleep or a shower while I'm busy playing your game? Get real.

You just have a hard time believing anyone thumbs you down, Mr. Narcissist. Sorry, I don't have time for your butthurt.

You're exactly like divegeester. You think you're all lily-white, with completely reasonable posts, and yet you both garner huge amounts of thumbs down, but rather than take it as a learning opportunity, you throw blame, and I'm an oh-so-convenient place to put that blame (after all, it can't be your fault) because you don't like me anyway.

Big surprise (not really). Next time you feel distress, grasshopper, look inside for the source before pointing your plastic finger at others.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 21:22
    @suzianne said
    Go force your fantasies on someone else.

You're boring me.
    Oh my “fantasies” now is it, that’s a good one.

Just keep thumbing down detractors and posting about how you don’t do it, then call me a liar.
    Now stop and think.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 21:541 edit
    @suzianne said
    Really Kreskin?

Tell me what else I do "on a regular basis".

Do I have any time for sleep or a shower while I'm busy playing your game? Get real.

You just have a hard time believing anyone thumbs you down, Mr. Narcissist. Sorry, I don't have time for your butthurt.

You're exactly like divegeester. You think you're all lily-white, with completely reasonable pos ...[text shortened]... eel distress, grasshopper, look inside for the source before pointing your plastic finger at others.
    Blah, blah, blah have heard it all from you before.

Just keep thumbing down my posts and less trying to give lectures which you are not good at.

You talk of hypocrites and you're one of the biggest on here in my humble opinion that is, I am able to have an opinion right? 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 09:46
    @very-rusty said
    Blah, blah, blah have heard it all from you before.

Just keep thumbing down my posts and less trying to give lectures which you are not good at.

You talk of hypocrites and you're one of the biggest on here in my humble opinion that is, I am able to have an opinion right? 😉

-VR
    You hear, but you don't listen.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 15:332 edits
    @suzianne said
    You hear, but you don't listen.
    Two threads closed one to go! 😉

You had to see that coming, wonder which will be the next one to be closed? 😉

I listen Suzie Q, but like you I never pay much attention and go my own way. Difference you have a bunch of minions behind you and I don't! 😉

-VR
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 16:53
    @very-rusty said
    Two threads closed one to go! 😉

You had to see that coming, wonder which will be the next one to be closed? 😉

I listen Suzie Q, but like you I never pay much attention and go my own way. Difference you have a bunch of minions behind you and I don't! 😉

-VR
    Keep misrepresenting people and you'll get this one closed too.

But wait, that's what you want, isn't it, thread-killer?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 17:292 edits
    @suzianne said
    Keep misrepresenting people and you'll get this one closed too.

But wait, that's what you want, isn't it, thread-killer?
    My dear, I don't believe I was the last one to post in either one that was closed was I?

How am I misrepresenting anyone Suzie Q? 😉

I don't know if Pondy would say they killed the thread as it was closed. Wouldn't fair to either poster if it did count it in my humble opinion.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree