Resonable Solution For Vacation Time

Resonable Solution For Vacation Time

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
29 Jun 07

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I subscribed on May 18th.

If I subscribed before the vacation time went down then I guess I'd consider myself lucky 🙂
Vacation went active just around 14 Mar '07 07:33 (Russ, Site Announcements)

Now, the next question is... are you sure you HAVE 36 days? I viewed mine by going to the vacation feature.

P-

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 Jun 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit

Now, the next question is... are you sure you HAVE 36 days? I viewed mine by going to the vacation feature.

P-
It just wouldn't be funny considering how hard you're having to work for the joke.

Anyway, if it turns out that people have either 30 or 36 days, then we should ALL laugh at Russ, who said "36 days per year (awarded pro-rata for new members) are available to subscribing members only."

D

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
29 Jun 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
It just wouldn't be funny considering how hard you're having to work for the joke.

Anyway, if it turns out that people have either 30 or 36 days, then we should ALL laugh at Russ, who said "36 days per year (awarded [b]pro-rata
for new members) are available to subscribing members only."

D[/b]
Let's run a test.

Buy Dr Strangelove a star, and we'll ask how many days Dr Strangelove has.

It's the only solution.

P-

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 Jun 07

Let's run a test.

Buy Dr Strangelove a star, and we'll ask how many days Dr Strangelove has.

It's the only solution.

P-
Done!

D

P

Moves
29 Jun 07

P-
When I go to My Settings | My vacation settings it says:

"9 of 36 days used in 2007"

Unless I don't understand what that means in RHP talk?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
29 Jun 07

When I go to My Settings | My vacation settings it says:

"9 of 36 days used in 2007"

Unless I don't understand what that means in RHP talk?
If you have not used 9 days, that means the formula must be figured for 1/4 of a year. So you could perhaps join in late December and still get 9 days.

If you have used 9 days, I can safely point and laugh at Rags. Perhaps I still can, because if you joined now you would get 18 days, not 15.

P-

P

Moves
29 Jun 07

If you have not used 9 days, that means the formula must be figured for 1/4 of a year. So you could perhaps join in late December and still get 9 days.

If you have used 9 days, I can safely point and laugh at Rags. Perhaps I still can, because if you joined now you would get 18 days, not 15.

P-
Well, I think you can safely laugh at Rags. I have used 9 days so you can laugh it up!

Sorry Rags, no offense. I didn't mean to subject you to the ridicule of Plabibit... nothing personal.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 Jun 07

Well, I think you can safely laugh at Rags. I have used 9 days so you can laugh it up!

Sorry Rags, no offense. I didn't mean to subject you to the ridicule of Plabibit... nothing personal.
No problem, I'm laughing at Russ, because somethings not working as he thinks it does.

As for Phlab, I think once in a blue moon is enough for the little fella to be able to turn the tables and have a laugh at me.

D

P

Moves
29 Jun 07

No problem, I'm laughing at Russ, because somethings not working as he thinks it does.

As for Phlab, I think once in a blue moon is enough for the little fella to be able to turn the tables and have a laugh at me.

D
So does Russ think it's pro-rated through the year?

I don't know how that would work, however I think it might be better that you have 36 days for your subscription year. So if you sign up like I did on May 18th you have 36 days until the next may 18th.

Not that you have 36 days until Dec 31st and then you get 36 more.

DS

Moves
30 Jun 07

Done!

D
Thanks. 🙁

I
Dadohalic

Finger tip talking.

Moves
30 Jun 07

Get rid of it.

How many people here voted for the system, and now regret it? When the topic first came up a long time ago, there were two solutions proposed.

Time Bank

OR

36 days a year Vacation.

Next, and I don't know why... RHP decided to put it to a vote and 36 days vacation was the clear winner.

Now with both Time Bank and Vacation ...[text shortened]... ir vote. If there is no one who changed their mind, than we live with Vacation System.

P-
The vote is not closed. If you would like to change your mind. Go right ahead.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Jun 07

Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
The vote is not closed. If you would like to change your mind. Go right ahead.
Read this thread:

Thread 71798

Or read these cliff notes:

[cliffnotes]

I don't want to change anything unless there were users who changed their mind.

The vote is not closed.

I was and still am against vacation time (36 days anyway / 21 would be better I feel)

Many people have not changed their minds, and the vote was a landslide anyway.

There really are not a lot of people against the vacation time, just a few vocal users.

Rags, Phlabs, and Russ are weenies.
[/cliffnotes]

P-

Moves
01 Jul 07

Well, perhaps I will start a trend...

I have posted on my profile my vacation dates for this year. Being a subscriber, I am allowed to take these days. However, being a courteous subscriber, I am allowing my opponents to see these days. If you choose not to take a game against me because of this you are well within your right to. My vacations have definite start and end dates so any tournaments or clan games I am in, my opponents will be well aware of my absences.

Maybe this will help, maybe not, but here is my offering.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
01 Jul 07

Originally posted by jp4995

I have posted on my profile my vacation dates for this year. Being a subscriber, I am allowed to take these days. However, being a courteous subscriber, I am allowing my opponents to see these days. If you choose not to take a game against me because of this you are well within your right to. My vacations have defi ...[text shortened]... ill be well aware of my absences.

I just started a game with a well respected, long time member and contributer to the site and let them know I'll be vacationing in December.

P-

DS

Moves
01 Jul 07

Originally posted by jp4995

I have posted on my profile my vacation dates for this year. Being a subscriber, I am allowed to take these days. However, being a courteous subscriber, I am allowing my opponents to see these days. If you choose not to take a game against me because of this you are well within your right to. My vacations have defi ...[text shortened]... ill be well aware of my absences.

Very commendable - I like the idea. 🙂