Resonable Solution For Vacation Time

Resonable Solution For Vacation Time

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
27 Jun 07

Originally posted by wittywonka
Well said.
They should use the word "manipulating" instead of "abusing".
Manipulation of the system is permitted.
Obviously some people don't like it when their opponent is 'manipulating' the system against them and feel it's unsportsmanlike - which in some cases I'm sure it is..

TC

Moves
28 Jun 07
1 edit

Perfect, David!! Rec'd.

I'm tired of this discussion.

It's very simple: if you want a faster game, you change your timeout preferences according to the rules applied in the site. So, after the vacation system implementation, I started playing mainly faster (1/7) games.

DS

Moves
28 Jun 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
I'm tired of this discussion.

It's very simple: if you want a faster game, you change your timeout preferences according to the rules applied in the site.
Huh? How does that make any difference to Vacation stuff?

It's not just about wanting a faster game anyway. 🙄

ps. Strange to join a discussion to say you are tired of it!

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
28 Jun 07
1 edit

The voice of dissent always shouts the loudest, regardless of whether it is the opinion of the most people...the vote is enough for me, and i support the vacation system as it is.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Jun 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Huh? How does that make any difference to Vacation stuff?

It's not just about wanting a faster game anyway. 🙄

ps. Strange to join a discussion to say you are tired of it!
I think if pawns would stop vanishing, and you could castle any time you like it would REALLY speed play at RHP. That might be the best solution to vacation.

P-

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
28 Jun 07

Maybe people should subscribe if they're upset with the vacation system. Then again, people only get 30-36 days a year! 😠

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
Maybe people should subscribe if they're upset with the vacation system. Then again, people only get 30-36 days a year! 😠
Here is a good(?) question... if a Non-Star who's been here for years buys-in today, do they get 36, or 30 as a new member? I guess it would be 30, since they just became a Star.

P-

DS

Moves
28 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
You talk as if it's non-subscribers who are the only ones who are unhappy about it - you're wrong, many subscribers are too.
I'm not really that upset about the vacation system, it would be passable if there was a choice to turn it off by agreement with your opponent before starting a game.

In any case, I don't use it so it doesn't affect me - though I would prefer to be able to play subscribers too but you can't have everything free, I guess.

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
28 Jun 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
You talk as if it's non-subscribers who are the only ones who are unhappy about it - you're wrong, many subscribers are too.
I'm not really that upset about the vacation system, it would be passable if there was a choice to turn it off by agreement with your opponent before starting a game.

In any case, I don't use it so it doesn't affect me - tho ...[text shortened]... uld prefer to be able to play subscribers too but you can't have everything free, I guess.
Now I see your point. 😳

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
28 Jun 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Here is a good(?) question... if a Non-Star who's been here for years buys-in today, do they get 36, or 30 as a new member? I guess it would be 30, since they just became a Star.

P-
18, numbnuts.

D

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Jun 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
18, numbnuts.

D
That makes sense, but I assumed it was a flat 30 because there are so many users who say they have 30. I have not seen a single user say "We only get 24" or any other number besides 30, and 36.

I also sent you a PM.

P-

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
28 Jun 07

I also sent you a PM.

P-
*Sets ignore*

D

P

Moves
28 Jun 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
18, numbnuts.

D
When did it change to 18? I subscribed fairly recently and I got 36.

Frankly, the vacation system was one of the reasons I subscribed.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
29 Jun 07

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
When did it change to 18? I subscribed fairly recently and I got 36.

Frankly, the vacation system was one of the reasons I subscribed.
When did you pay? I need this info to laugh at Rags.

I'm not comfortable pointing and laughing at xym without this info, so please respond soon.

P-

P

Moves
29 Jun 07

When did you pay? I need this info to laugh at Rags.

I'm not comfortable pointing and laughing at xym without this info, so please respond soon.

P-
I subscribed on May 18th.

If I subscribed before the vacation time went down then I guess I'd consider myself lucky 🙂