Please make sandbagging bannable

Please make sandbagging bannable

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by padger
What happened to this ? It seems like a good idea
Nothing yet. But if enough people think it is a good idea then perhaps something will happen eventually.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Hey Very Trolly, it was a simple answer to a simple question. I offered no opinion on whether it worked or not.

D
Of course it doesn't work ! Why even mention it ? TAlk about trolling, and you the biggest of them from my point of view!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
What are 'days'?

P-
True, I did forget about that part, but at least it is still being considered hopefully?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Of course it doesn't work ! Why even mention it ? TAlk about trolling, and you the biggest of them from my point of view!
Why even mention it?

"We" always seem to have these "misunderstandings". IE: I state something simple and you misunderstand it.

Fabian asked a question regarding a new implementation of a rating floor, which I researched and answered correctly, as the implementation stands now. User 97084

Now you play your idiot card to start trolling me simply because I was being courteous? Please don't waste our time any more unless you have something of substance to add.

D

F

Moves
05 Jun 08
1 edit

Fabian asked a question regarding a new implementation of a rating floor, which I researched and answered correctly, as the implementation stands now. User 97084
Thank you, mr Rag, for your correct answer, and the proof included. Latest 100 days it is.
I'm glad that it wasn't the highest rating ever, because then I'm stuck with my once 1809 points of rating...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jun 08

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jun 08

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Thank you, mr Rag, for your correct answer, and the proof included. Latest 100 days it is.
I'm glad that it wasn't the highest rating ever, because then I'm stuck with my once 1809 points of rating...
It hasn't even been implimented yet..if we are talking about the rating floor...!!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jun 08
1 edit

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jun 08
1 edit

Why even mention it?

"We" always seem to have these "misunderstandings". IE: I state something simple and you misunderstand it.

Now you play your idiot card to start trolling me si ...[text shortened]... ? Please don't waste our time any more unless you have something of substance to add.

D

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jun 08
3 edits

Why even mention it?

Now you play your idiot card to start trolling me si ...[text shortened]... ? Please don't waste our time any more unless you have something of substance to add.

D
Has the rating floor been implimented??

I have seen no signs of it or announcements! So how can you say what it is ?

Talk about an idiot card !

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Jun 08

Name and shame - User 153142 has already thrown [deliberately lost] 6 games in Tournament 4302 - and says in his profile "If we're still playing after 5 moves then be prepared for your rating to drop".

M

Moves
12 Jun 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Name and shame - User 153142 has already thrown [deliberately lost] 6 games in Tournament 4302 - and says in his profile "If we're still playing after 5 moves then be prepared for your rating to drop".
I'm not convinced that this case is actually relevant to this thread. The tournament is an open one, and the player has ceased to be a subscriber and is working off his remaining games. Under those circumstances I would expect him to resign a lot of games.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
12 Jun 08

Originally posted by MissOleum
I'm not convinced that this case is actually relevant to this thread. The tournament is an open one, and the player has ceased to be a subscriber and is working off his remaining games. Under those circumstances I would expect him to resign a lot of games.
He's resigning them on move 5, in the middle of 'book' openings.

He's resigning to only SOME of the opponents, thus giving those opponents an unfair advantage [free points] in the tournament.

And, by deliberately lowering his rating like this [he's now in the 1600s when he used to be over 2000], he paves the way for future sandbagging in the future [should he resubscribe, or enter a non-sub tourney].

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
12 Jun 08
1 edit

If I am not mistaken, in one of the threads Russ mentioned that rating floors will be done soon. I would use one too because I often start too many games and then when I can not handle them I resign them all in frustration. So as a 1700 player it is stupid to drop to 1000 after one massive timeout attack by my opponents 😛