Newbie Reference Section

Newbie Reference Section

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Jan 05

There should be a section with recommended books and websites for low level players who want to improve. I keep seeing new players over and over posting "can you recommend books for me to read to improve" and I am tired of posting in these threads.

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
19 Jan 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I am tired of posting in these threads.
So don't post in them.

Good idea though.

h

Moves
19 Jan 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
There should be a section with recommended books and websites for low level players who want to improve. I keep seeing new players over and over posting "can you recommend books for me to read to improve" and I am tired of posting in these threads.
It wouldn't work because if RHP listed books for new players then it would be as though RHP was endorsing these books... the publishers of the books would make more money, and RHP wouldn't be compensated for the advertising. Chess is big business.

It's best for the site's users to personally endorse the books as has always been done. If a newbie comes along and asks about books just refer him/her to an old thread.

S

Internet

Moves
19 Jan 05

Russ could couple the recommendation with a link to the book on amazon and get some money that way.