New mirror site.

New mirror site.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
30 Apr 07

Today chessatwork became blocked at my work, this leaves me able to reach just timeforchess from work, they seem to find the site I use after a few months and then block it. At this rate I may be forced to do work in the not too distant future, please can you create another mirror site to confuse the site blocking bot.

Ps. if you could also describe the site as some sort of financial institution or government site it might confuse the bosses for a bit longer.

F

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by cadwah
Today chessatwork became blocked at my work, this leaves me able to reach just timeforchess from work, they seem to find the site I use after a few months and then block it. At this rate I may be forced to do work in the not too distant future, please can you create another mirror site to confuse the site blocking bot.

Ps. if you could also describe the s ...[text shortened]... e sort of financial institution or government site it might confuse the bosses for a bit longer.
What happens if you use some kind of anonymity server?
What happen if you go by a link from another site?, like google...?

Why do they ever bother, the bosses? Isn't it their job to keep the staff happy?

SS

Moves
30 Apr 07

IC

Moves
30 Apr 07
1 edit

How about? work@workforachange.com 😕 😉

SS

Moves
30 Apr 07

SS

Moves
30 Apr 07

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Apr 07

ImprotantWorkRelatedSite.com

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Apr 07

Ps. if you could also describe the s ...[text shortened]... e sort of financial institution or government site it might confuse the bosses for a bit longer.
Wouldn't it be easier to just fire you than block web sites? Let me talk with your boss.

P-

z

Moves
30 Apr 07

Doing the right thing at the wrong time? You are paid/employed to work not to play chess during work hours. Some people just never learn do they?

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
01 May 07

According to a number of recent studies, playing games on a computer and taking regular coffee/smoke breaks can sometimes improve productivity. Maybe you could find some of those studies and reports, and convince the boss that playing chess should be compulsory.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
01 May 07

Originally posted by z00t
Doing the right thing at the wrong time? You are paid/employed to work not to play chess during work hours. Some people just never learn do they?
No they don't, some people never learn that they can go to work all day and play games and still get paid.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
01 May 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Wouldn't it be easier to just fire you than block web sites? Let me talk with your boss.

P-
No, apparently they can't just fire me, they need to give me 100 verbal warnings, then some written warnings, then some final written warnings etc etc. Then I tell them I am depressed/stressed/having family trouble and they leave me alone. 😉

I love big business.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
01 May 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
ImprotantWorkRelatedSite.com
ILoveMyJob.com

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
01 May 07

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
ILoveMyJob.com
Perfect 😀😀😀

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
10 May 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I lost RHP and Time for Chess. They haven't caught up with Chess at Work yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I lose them when I visit the site too many times a day. It seems to send up a red flag. So I only visit on my lunch hour.