hint

hint

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
25 Sep 05

When i was a kid i used to have this computer chess game. If you were stuck you could ask it for a hint and it would show you a good move.

This would be a useful feature.

This could be expanded so that each player started with one hint per game and you got another hint for every 50 rating places your opponent is ranked higher than you.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
25 Sep 05

Pathetic.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
25 Sep 05

Originally posted by invigorate
When i was a kid i used to have this computer chess game. If you were stuck you could ask it for a hint and it would show you a good move.
Not that I am a great player, but does a decent level of play not involve more than one, or a handful of good moves? If you get one good move for free, chances are you'll (not you specifically off course) blunder it away anyway. Well, I would.

SS

Moves
26 Sep 05

A
Mandla

Unknown

Moves
26 Sep 05

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
Are you having a laugh?
Yeah, this is a terrible idea... if you wnt to cheat(as established by site rules) use an engine... if you don't know why the suggested move is suggested you won't be able to capitalize on it anyway...

h

Moves
27 Sep 05

In correspondence chess, you cannot consult others. Use only your own brain, books and chess game/move databases (NOT chess engines). Asking for a hint is plain cheating!

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
Are you having a laugh?
Of course I am!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Sep 05

Originally posted by invigorate
Of course I am!
Some users use 40 or more hints per game...

P-

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
30 Sep 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Some users use 40 or more hints per game...

P-
Correct! I do wish they'd stop PM-ing me.