Moves
    12 May '07 22:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    12 May '07 22:531 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You're not making sense. My opinions aren't based on who I've played on this site or how many games. My question is why this is such a big deal to you.

And yes, I have played on two other chess sites. I'm also on other non-chess sites with forums. They don't have rules that say you aren't worthy to speak to your elders until you've undergone some secret rite of passage.
  3. Joined
    08 Jan '05
    Moves
    12 May '07 22:551 edit
    I don't understand why this is a problem to you. I've played friends on here many times over, and will continue to do so.Surely most people play for fun and the rating is unimportant except for clan games. Even then you're rating will drop as you lose. EDIT: not that I always win against my friends, and the difference between points gained by beating a lower rated player is much less than what you lose when you lose obviously.

Perhaps what you would be better off asking for, is that games are unrated by default, as I and probably most people never bother to change time controls etc.when challenging friends.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 May '07 23:10
    Assuming both of you are not the same person and can read:-

The forum reads -> Site Ideas

The thread title reads -> Guidance on padding and "friendly" play

Assuming both of you can read and understand what guidance is there are plenty of fish in the Site Ideas sea. Got it?
  5. Joined
    08 Jan '05
    Moves
    12 May '07 23:16
    Originally posted by z00t
    Assuming both of you are not the same person and can read:-

The forum reads -> [b]Site Ideas

The thread title reads -> Guidance on padding and "friendly" play

Assuming both of you can read and understand what guidance is there are plenty of fish in the Site Ideas sea. Got it?[/b]
    It's a PUBLIC forum- and if you read my post you'd notice I gave a constructive idea. I'm just bored and responding. OK?
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 May '07 23:54
    Originally posted by london nick
    I don't understand why this is a problem to you. I've played friends on here many times over, and will continue to do so.Surely most people play for fun and the rating is unimportant except for clan games. Even then you're rating will drop as you lose. EDIT: not that I always win against my friends, and the difference between points gained by beating a l ...[text shortened]... I and probably most people never bother to change time controls etc.when challenging friends.
    Don't even worry about that. If you follow the couple threads and several posts in other threads on this subject you will find that he's got no idea what he's talking about.

P-
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    12 May '07 23:56
    Padding does exist on major chess sites particularly like on the PlayChess server where people legitimately hold multiple accounts through acquisition of ChessBase products.

Originally posted by PlayChess Rules
    [b]5 Manipulating the rating

1. Increasing an ELO-rating (padding or boosting) by losing intentionally is forbidden, and it does not matte ...[text shortened]... hy play them over and over and over. Why not just play in the dining room and leave RHP of it?
    Maybe because the son doesn't live in the same place as the father.
  8. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 03:17
    Is this padding, selective pairing, rating manipulation, multiple accounts or all of the above?

-User 285560
    -User 285550

Is this reverse padding or one of the above?

-User 356012

I can see why the likes of Xanthos when not hiding in the help/site ideas forum are attracted to bashing the same opponent. I cannot see why "normal" pe ...[text shortened]... above want to reach 3000 Elo or someone wants to be awarded the master title dubiously?
    User 238550
    Is this an idiot trying to stir up a bee's nest with a pooh stick?
    Yes it is.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 08:43
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    User 238550
    Is this an idiot trying to stir up a bee's nest with a pooh stick?
    Yes it is.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody's_Got_Something_to_Hide_Except_Me_and_My_Monkey
  10. The sky
    Moves
    13 May '07 16:44
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody's_Got_Something_to_Hide_Except_Me_and_My_Monkey
    'In 1980, Lenn00n said: "That was just a sort of nice line that I made into a song. It was about me and my rating. Everybody seemed to be paranoid except for us two, who were in the glow of love. Everything is clear and open when you're in love. Everybody was sort of tense around us: You know, 'What is all that stuff about padding? Why does he love his rating so much?' All this sort of madness is going on around us because we just happened to want to be together all the time."'
  11. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    15 May '07 11:56
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    'In 1980, Lenn00n said: "That was just a sort of nice line that I made into a song. It was about me and my rating. Everybody seemed to be paranoid except for us two, who were in the glow of love. Everything is clear and open when you're in love. Everybody was sort of tense around us: You know, 'What is all that stuff about padding? Why does he love his ratin ...[text shortened]... ess is going on around us because we just happened to want to be together all the time."'
    Lenn00n! Lenn00n!
  12. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 04:47
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/z00t_is_a_d00chebag
  13. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 18:04
    Ice Cold, do not post in the forum without taking your medication.
  14. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 18:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 19:40
    😴oot 😴oot😴oot😴oot😴oot😴oot😴oot😴oot

You have stated your view, others have stated theirs, is it not time to put this to bed?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree