Full Fisher 960 implementation

Full Fisher 960 implementation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Jul 08

I would like a full Fisher 960 implementation here at RHP, with the complete set of rules including castling, and its own rating, and all!

If you want it too, please give this posting a your recommendation.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
13 Jul 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I would like a full Fisher 960 implementation here at RHP, with the complete set of rules including castling, and its own rating, and all!

That'd be very cool.

l

Moves
13 Jul 08

I recommend F960. In fact, I'm using the new RHP "turbo-recommend" feature to recommend it.

DS

Moves
14 Jul 08

It was stated in the past that it is on the to-do list. IIRC

Here

Moves
14 Jul 08

What is a full Fisher 960 ?

F

Moves
14 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by padger
What is a full Fisher 960 ?
Fischer 960 is already implemented partly. The current one can't handle the castling rules, and it can only be played unrated.
So I would like to have a Fischer 960 fully implemented, that's my point.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 Jul 08

This time, this topic came from Chess forum, I believe users have requested this feature before, but can't (or didn't try to) find the thread.

Thread 96752

There's a new gizmo that consists of a folding chess clock that randomly generates starting positions for Fischer random chess (chess 960 as some call it). It's quite cheap as well.

http://www.newinchess.com/Shop/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=2534&Currency=Euro

Online Generator
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/fischerandom

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Jul 08

I like the idea, rec'd!

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
14 Jul 08

rec'd.

S

Moves
06 Jan 09

Absolutely. Playing FR makes a fascinating break from playing classical chess. I'd love to play it properly here. Would be very interesting to discover how my FR rating differed from my normal rating!

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
07 Jan 09

yea we should push to make it rated, so we can have tournys

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Jan 09

You 960 guys are just too fanatic. I don't consider myself stupid and I am very interested in Chess960 'cause I hate endless opening theory that kills the joy of playing chess but that chess 960 just seems way too difficult 🙁 Everytime something new, I guess you already have to think like long and develop a plan before even make move 1. (well, at least in 959 out 960 possible starts.) I would just make terrible blunders all the time. But yeah, I would like to try to play 960 against other people. So here you go your rec ; *recs*

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
07 Jan 09

Originally posted by ivan2908
You 960 guys are just too fanatic. I don't consider myself stupid and I am very interested in Chess960 'cause I hate endless opening theory that kills the joy of playing chess but that chess 960 just seems way too difficult 🙁 Everytime something new, I guess you already have to think like long and develop a plan before even make move 1. (well, at least in ...[text shortened]... t yeah, I would like to try to play 960 against other people. So here you go your rec ; *recs*
if u want ill play just challenge me, but you cant castle in 960 🙁

Thread 106301

J

Moves
07 Jan 09

Sounds fischy to me. 😠

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
10 Jan 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
Sounds fischy to me. 😠
I see what you did there.