delete forum posts

delete forum posts

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

U.S.A.

Moves
01 Jul 07
3 edits

What do y'all think about being able to delete posts you made at least within a day or so after posting it? And how 'bout a longer editing time? Like let's say 2 hours later you go and read your post and you're like "oh crap, did i just type that!!??" or you go back and read the post that you were replying to and you see that you misunderstood what he had said. And then you try to edit it out but it's already to late.

-- Paul

SS

Moves
01 Jul 07

P

U.S.A.

Moves
01 Jul 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
They aren't mine anymore. I've disowned them. You may adopt them as your own if you like? (crosses fingers/hopeful) 🙂

-- Paul
(just kidding)

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Jul 07

Originally posted by Pavlo87
What do y'all think about being able to delete posts you made at least within a day or so after posting it? And how 'bout a longer editing time? Like let's say 2 hours later you go and read your post and you're like "oh crap, did i just type that!!??" or you go back and read the post that you were replying to and you see that you misunderstood what he had said. And then you try to edit it out but it's already to late.

-- Paul
If you alert your own post, then mods will normally clean it up for you.

D

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Jul 07

i wish i could take back everything

DS

Moves
01 Jul 07
1 edit

The main problem with this oft-repeated idea is that it can make the whole thread completely unreadable.
For example, have you not seen a thread where the first post has been removed by mods and all the replies are left sounding like gibberish.

It would be really handy to have an "edit title" or maybe a preview function though.

P

Moves
02 Jul 07

One variation on this which I've seen is that you can delete your post as long as your post is still the last post in the thread.

DS

Moves
02 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
One variation on this which I've seen is that you can delete your post as long as your post is still the last post in the thread.
If you were desperate you could edit it into a blank page or one with just "deleted" in it.
You would still only have the hour though.

edit: as below.

DS

Moves
02 Jul 07
14 edits

deleted

P

Moves
03 Jul 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
If you were desperate you could edit it into a blank page or one with just "deleted" in it.
You would still only have the hour though.

edit: as below.
Yes and that would leave the forums littered with crap posts when it should have actually been deleted.

The post is better off deleted than having been replaced with "deleted" as text.

DS

Moves
03 Jul 07

Yes and that would leave the forums littered with crap posts when it should have actually been deleted.
LOL
This idea will definitely prevent the forums from being "littered with crap posts".

I don't think so! 😕

P

Moves
03 Jul 07

LOL
This idea will definitely prevent the forums from being "littered with crap posts".

I don't think so! 😕
I didn't say that it would prevent the forums from having any crap posts.

I said that it would be better to be able to delete your post than to have the post be just "Deleted".

DS

Moves
03 Jul 07

...I said that it would be better to be able to delete your post than to have the post be just "Deleted".
Yeah, ok. 🙂

Ummmm - how would it be better?

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
03 Jul 07

Originally posted by coquette
i wish i could take back everything
Including this? 😕

P

Moves
03 Jul 07

Yeah, ok. 🙂

Ummmm - how would it be better?
You prefer to see a post with simply the text "deleted" rather than nothing?

It would be cleaner just to delete it.

What's hard to understand about that?