Country tournament?

Country tournament?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M
Dutch

Moves
25 Aug 07

What about a tournament in which countries battle against eachother?

My idea would be to create countryteams of different sizes 4/8/12 and enter them into a tournament. The winning country would be "RHP" World Champion.

For the creation of the country teams there would be a playoff first.

I know we have clans but that is not quite the same. Everybody canjoin a clan, but for getting into a country-team you have first go through the playoffs. You could make it into a national team :-). Hell I would be supporting the teams even if I don't make it.

How about it, what is your opinion?

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
25 Aug 07

Originally posted by MetBierOp

My idea would be to create countryteams of different sizes 4/8/12 and enter them into a tournament. The winning country would be "RHP" World Champion.

I know we have clans but that is not quite the same. Everyb ...[text shortened]... would be supporting the teams even if I don't make it.

Who makes the teams up?
Who says which is your country?
Can Quebec play too?

So many questions.
and I see so few answers.
Clan leagues are OK.

N

The sky

Moves
25 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by orangutan
Who makes the teams up?
Can Quebec play too?

So many questions.
Clan leagues are OK.
What about
Species tournaments?
Me: Robots.

M
Dutch

Moves
26 Aug 07

Who makes the teams up?
Can Quebec play too?

So many questions.
Clan leagues are OK.
[b]Who makes the teams up?
Due to selection play offs (tournaments for every coutry that wants to join)

You do. (you've got a pasport that tells you in case you have forgotten)

Can Quebec play too?
Nope, Quebec is not a country.

So many questions.
Yes

that's because it's an initial idea for quite a big event.

Clan leagues are OK
Yes! but,...so?

i

Moves
26 Aug 07

So is everyone who wants to join this going to fax in a copy of their passport?

Seems that's the major problem: if you allow everyone to pick whatever country they want, then it's just arbitrary, and to actually verify which country everyone is from is unreasonable.

(I suppose in theory you could look at the address associated with your subscription payment. But that seems invasive, and I wouldn't want my info used that way.)

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
26 Aug 07

Who makes the teams up?
Can Quebec play too?

So many questions.
Clan leagues are OK.
I like your avatar. Now I'm gonna steal your burgers. 🙂

M
Dutch

Moves
26 Aug 07

Originally posted by incandenza
So is everyone who wants to join this going to fax in a copy of their passport?

Seems that's the major problem: if you allow everyone to pick whatever country they want, then it's just arbitrary, and to actually verify which country everyone is from is unreasonable.

(I suppose in theory you could look at the address associated with your subscription payment. But that seems invasive, and I wouldn't want my info used that way.)
I disagree. Why should we make a problem about the few people who will lie?

We have the same problem now with the moves that are made. We do NOT know if our opponent is using outside assistence or not to make a move.

But why should we care about these things? I honestly don't believe that everyone will abuse. I think most will not.

c

100$ de l'heure.

Moves
26 Aug 07

I know we have clans but that is not quite the same. Everyb ...[text shortened]... would be supporting the teams even if I don't make it.

I like your idea! You have my support!

Kk

Moves
26 Aug 07

Me too. Great Idea!

i

Moves
26 Aug 07
1 edit

But why should we care about these things? I honestly don't believe that everyone will abuse. I think most will not.
OK, that is a good point. Only thing is, it seems like most of the competition would be involved in just getting onto the team for the US, UK, or other large countries. But I guess that's kind of the same thing that happens in the Olympics, so maybe it's not a problem.

Of course, I wonder if the fact that the two top-rated players are both from the Netherlands has anything to do with this suggestion 🙂

Kk

Moves
26 Aug 07

OK, that is a good point. Only thing is, it seems like most of the competition would be involved in just getting onto the team for the US, UK, or other large countries. But I guess that's kind of the same thing that happens in the Olympics, so maybe it's not a problem.

Of course, I wonder if the fact that the two top-rated players are both from the Netherlands has anything to do with this suggestion 🙂
Just because the two top players are from netherlands dosn't mean the will win. The next top player from netherlands is 77th. if there were teams of 8 or more players i think it would be a compeditive contest and very interesting to see who wins.

i

Moves
26 Aug 07

Originally posted by Kiwi kid
Just because the two top players are from netherlands dosn't mean the will win. The next top player from netherlands is 77th. if there were teams of 8 or more players i think it would be a compeditive contest and very interesting to see who wins.
I know--just making a joke, not saying it was an actual problem.

M
Dutch

Moves
26 Aug 07

LOL .

nope I did not ask them if they would join in. 🙂

F

Moves
26 Aug 07

How do we know a players nationality? By his flag?

Does the flag reflects nationality or location? Or perhaps that the players just picked a nice flag regardless of his true nationality? Like the antarctican flag?

If this country championship starts, may I chose any nationality to play for?

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
26 Aug 07