Clan loyalty

Clan loyalty

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
28 Nov 07

There seem to be a lot of different criteria that people judge clan 'loyalty' by. Mentioned in this thread already - length of membership; length of membership as percentage of clan life; games played; moves made; games won, lost or drawn; clan leader nomination; points earned; number of clans; etc. (apologies if I missed a suggestion)

So having a single 'loyalty' reading is going to be misleading.

I'd pick three of the above criteria (too many would be confusing) and show the numbers. Maybe have a single icon that could represent the different 'levels' for each of the chosen criteria (A triangle maybe, where the colours of each point were differently shaded).

Maybe this should be a vote?
I'd go for length of service, games played, games won.

r

Moves
28 Nov 07

ahem...i have the only proper solution..i will state it again...if there is a message box below the list of clan members that the clan leader can type in ...just as i am doing to make this post the clan leader can recognize anyone at anytime for anything thing and change it as often as there is something else to say...if is flexible..it allows for creativity..it is changeable...no more need to be said...send me a check please..thanks.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
28 Nov 07

Originally posted by reinfeld
send me a check please..thanks.
You know this is going te turn into terrible chess jokes, right?

N

The sky

Moves
28 Nov 07

Originally posted by Aiko
You know this is going te turn into terrible chess jokes, right?
He was just asking for a check, mate. 😞

r

Moves
28 Nov 07

...i will not post for a month if i can get $50.00 by tuesday..

k

Moves
28 Nov 07

Originally posted by adramforall
What about players who are willing to play higher rated opponents and in general will have lower net points as a result.

There is quite often horsetrading within the challenges where a 150 point differential may be given for two pairs so that the challenge "evens out". A 1200 player may be paired with a 1350 players and his team-mate a 1900 player could be paired with a 1750 player.
yes so the roles in " horsetrading" could be swapped within a clan so that only particular player's rating unfairly suffer as results of tactful challenges. this could be done more easier with the presence of indicator and the situation gets more visibleπŸ˜‰

K.I.N.G.

Moves
29 Nov 07

Wherever stats are involved (some) people are going to try to abuse the system / find legit workarounds that were never intended.

Anyhow, would something like the following work:

Rank 1: member of clan
Rank 2: member of clan for 1 year, plus played 100 games for the clan, plus won 50 games for the clan
Rank 3: member of clan for 2 years, plus played 200 games for the clan, plus won 100 games for the clan
etc

Not sure if the actual levels are appropriate but if you always have 20 games going for a clan and take on average 2 months to finish then 100 seems ok.
Depends how many ranks you want - could break it down into amounts and lengths of time equal to half what I am showing here.

So while each element has weaknesses by having to qualify for all 3 means that it will be more difficult to work around the system.

d

Moves
29 Nov 07

I propose an animal-related icon system:

1 win - mouse
10 wins - antelope
50 wins - beaver (second class)
100 wins - beaver (first class)
200 wins - giraffe
500 wins - eagle
1,000 wins - monkey

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
29 Nov 07

Originally posted by dottewell

1 win - mouse
10 wins - antelope
200 wins - giraffe
500 wins - eagle
1,000 wins - monkey
I like this.
Where does the badger icon fit in?

N

The sky

Moves
29 Nov 07

Originally posted by orangutan
I like this.
Where does the badger icon fit in?
And where's the whale? And the gay elephant?

k

Moves
29 Nov 07

.....and cat?

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
30 Nov 07
1 edit

1 win - mouse
10 wins - antelope
200 wins - giraffe
500 wins - eagle
1,000 wins - monkey
Well if this come into play I am already an eagle, with 683 clan wins to date.

Going to take a while to reach monkey status πŸ˜‰

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
30 Nov 07

1 win - mouse
10 wins - antelope
200 wins - giraffe
500 wins - eagle
1,000 wins - monkey
Wouldn't the scouts have some copyright on this idea ?

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
04 Dec 07

I am the leader of one clan and a member of 3 others. I am reasonably loyal to all of those clans, but I always put my own clan 1st. I don't play as many games for the other clans as for my own clan, but consider myself an active member in as much as I participate in some of their challenges, internal tournaments and the forums (especially the Teachers'πŸ˜‰.

I think that one of the biggest visible proofs of loyalty is whether you participate in the clan leagues for any clan. I don't currently participate in the leagues for any clan, and there are a couple of reasons for this: if I was going to enter a league, it would be with my own clan. When the leagues were open for entry, there weren't enough available members of my clan to enter. Also, I didn't want to increase my game load at that time.

Another thing to remember is that any clan member can make themselves available for that clan in the leagues, but the clan leaders is the one who decides which of his members participate (maximum 6 members) in whichever leagues the clan enters into. This shows the clan leader's trust and faith in that player, and how loyal the leader feels that that particular player is, especially if he has a difficult choice because he has too many players to choose from. Some clans enter more than one league, so it should be easier to see who the most loyal players are, and how much their leader values that loyalty.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
06 Dec 07
2 edits

Originally posted by c99ux
I am the leader of one clan and a member of 3 others. I am reasonably loyal to all of those clans, but I always put my own clan 1st. I don't play as many games for the other clans as for my own clan, but consider myself an active member in as much as I participate in some of their challenges, internal tournaments and the forums (especially the Teachers'πŸ˜‰.

I sier to see who the most loyal players are, and how much their leader values that loyalty.
The one and only downfall to this theory is this. Most clans send their best players to leagues, These players don't typically many more games than that.

You really can't ignore the lower players and their constant desire to be loaded up with games. As a member of 4 clans myself, I don't watch how many games I play for each clan, rather how many total games I have going. Now this may not seem fair for the most part, but considering I keep as many as 200 games going, it does work out that I play alot for each clan.

If anything, Clan league players should have their own separate insignia to wear as their "badge" of honor.

This may be asking to much here but, For these league players, have it design/issued by the clan leaders themselves.