Clan Elo Rating Suggestion

Clan Elo Rating Suggestion

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here

Moves
30 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I am done here, the ELO system satisfies all requirements, it provide no incentives for sandbaggers, conspirators, those who throw games or make premature draws. Russ has done brilliantly.
BYE! BYE! BYE! BYE! BYE! BYE!
Good BYE

st johnstone

Moves
30 Mar 17

Challenges later are obviously going to be more accurate and reflective of challenges at the beginning. Another EPIC fail of yours. You fly catchers have nothing, the ELO system is awesome, its you that suck.
again same boring lies
the ELO sucks more than your lap dogs

only the removal of collusion points and clan suspension will stop you and the sisters

m

Moves
30 Mar 17

I am done here, the ELO system satisfies all requirements, it provide no incentives for sandbaggers, conspirators, those who throw games or make premature draws. Russ has done brilliantly.
Time to start a new thread.
With new ideas.

I am not completely trashing the clan rating system.

Simply saying it is not a scoring system.
But more of a ranking system.

Russ has not yet declared this to be the way forward.
He has put it out there for evaluation.

And I hope he is open to other ideas.

We should not waste our time with those who use this forum to have their little temper tantrums (Robbie) when people raise concerns about Russ' proposal.

From his initial post he has actually invited the concerns.

If Carrobie wants to be done with this thread, he is more than welcome to be done with this thread.

Moves
02 Apr 17

Regarding ELO

- it's a good system, but perhaps it's being applied at the wrong level

- each player should have clan rating, uncoupled from their site rating, based on ELO

- we all start at 1200, so we have a clean slate

- this would effectively nullify any prior rating management or manipulation

m

Moves
02 Apr 17

Originally posted by Giannotti
Regarding ELO

- it's a good system, but perhaps it's being applied at the wrong level

- each player should have clan rating, uncoupled from their site rating, based on ELO

- we all start at 1200, so we have a clean slate

- this would effectively nullify any prior rating management or manipulation
That was my proposal.
Assign the clan games rating to each player as opposed to the clan.
And the ELO formula can be used for each player.
Btw .... the formula used by Russ in the FAQ is effectively the same as ELO.

The hysterics coming from some in this forum has clouded that little known fact.

However your proposal to assign each player a start rating of 1200 doesn't make sense.

Think about it.
A player with a playing strength of 1800 has a current rating of 1500.
And is accused of sandbagging.

So your solution is to assign him a rating of 1200.

Does that make any sense ?

rc

Moves
02 Apr 17
1 edit

The system is fine as it stands. no need of any changes.

sandbagging, collusion, throwing games, premature draws, dumping challenges have all been addressed.

Moves
02 Apr 17

Originally posted by mghrn55
That was my proposal.
Assign the clan games rating to each player as opposed to the clan.
And the ELO formula can be used for each player.
Btw .... the formula used by Russ in the FAQ is effectively the same as ELO.

The hysterics coming from some in this forum has clouded that little known fact.

However your proposal to assign each player a start ...[text shortened]... andbagging.

So your solution is to assign him a rating of 1200.

Does that make any sense ?
You're right, a clean slate of 1200 for everybody would only make a mess

We have to continue with our current ratings

m

Moves
02 Apr 17

sandbagging, collusion, throwing games, premature draws, dumping challenges have all been addressed.
Nothing has been implemented yet.
What Russ has put out is just a proposal accompanied by a data sample from clan data starting Jan 1st, 2016.

And he has invited the forum for discussion.

People seem to be willing to discuss this.

And some are providing counter proposals to my proposals.

And I am OK with that.

What is your problem here ??
Why are you so against the debate ??

I will wait for Russ' assessment.
I think he is sitting back and reading all this.
And he may just come up with something that pulls a little bit from all proposals.

We want to have a final product that is really good.

We are not sure what your motivation is.
Actually, we know.

Here

Moves
02 Apr 17

Does this mean you have finally come to your senses and realised what a load of crap ELO is

rc

Moves
03 Apr 17
2 edits

Nothing has been implemented yet.
What Russ has put out is just a proposal accompanied by a data sample from clan data starting Jan 1st, 2016.

And he has invited the forum for discussion.

People seem to be willing to discuss this.

And some are providing counter proposals to my proposals.

And I am OK with that.

What is your problem here ??
...[text shortened]... nal product that is really good.

We are not sure what your motivation is.
Actually, we know.
There is nothing to discuss. The new system is good. You and your whacko proposals are only wasting time. You and your Disney Land fantasies have no bearing on reality. Its like trying to have a discussion with Mickey Mouse.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
03 Apr 17

Regarding suggestions about clan player rating - this is not going to happen. After considering how to prototype it, I realised that clan members with low "clan ratings" could leave and then re-join a clan to reset their rating to the starting default. Of course, this could be protected against, creating a record of the clan rating for every departing clan member which can then be used if/when they re-join, but it is all adding further complexity on top of something that is fairly complex anyway.

So, I'm ruling out any idea based on clan member "clan only" ratings (like clubs).

rc

Moves
03 Apr 17

Originally posted by Russ
Regarding suggestions about clan player rating - this is not going to happen. After considering how to prototype it, I realised that clan members with low "clan ratings" could leave and then re-join a clan to reset their rating to the starting default. Of course, this could be protected against, creating a record of the clan rating for every departing clan ...[text shortened]... ex anyway.

So, I'm ruling out any idea based on clan member "clan only" ratings (like clubs).
I don't think it will matter that much for even if you get one or two saggy baggsters in a challenge it will not effect the outcome that much, not like at present where its deadly because all it takes is one favourable result to swing the entire challenge. You would need an entire clan of sandbaggers for it to make any tangible difference.

m

Moves
03 Apr 17

Originally posted by Russ
Regarding suggestions about clan player rating - this is not going to happen. After considering how to prototype it, I realised that clan members with low "clan ratings" could leave and then re-join a clan to reset their rating to the starting default. Of course, this could be protected against, creating a record of the clan rating for every departing clan ...[text shortened]... ex anyway.

Thanks for your response.
Then we move forward from here.

If you are still open to questions about your proposal, in would still like your thoughts on some questions I submitted a few days back.
I can resubmit them if you wish.

However first of all, can you address the defect report I sent ?
That is where the clan statistics are out of whack.

m

Moves
03 Apr 17

I don't think it will matter that much for even if you get one or two saggy baggsters in a challenge it will not effect the outcome that much, not like at present where its deadly because all it takes is one favourable result to swing the entire challenge. You would need an entire clan of sandbaggers for it to make any tangible difference.
You might want to try addressing the site owner like an adult.

Saggy baggster ??????

rc

Moves
03 Apr 17

You might want to try addressing the site owner like an adult.

Saggy baggster ??????
Speaking of an entire clan of Saggy Baggsters, gee I hadn't thought about it but now that you come to mention it.