Civilised Discussion on Moderation

Civilised Discussion on Moderation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
04 Feb 09

Originally posted by Raven69
[b]If you're caught stealing DVDs in a department store, do you get thrown out of just the DVD section, or the whole shop? I'd be interested in hearing your pathetic little plea's of "But I was just stealing DVDs, let me hang out in the computer games section. I've done nothing there".

Ah, but if that store is inside a shopping mall, you would only get kicked out of that one store, not the entire mall...[/b]
OR

if the owners of the store decide, they can get the police to arrest you.

A temporary mall wide ban would be a side effect of a custodial sentence.

Anyway you look at it, bad behaviour within any environment is punished for the good of the community.

D

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
04 Feb 09

Originally posted by Ragnorak
OR

if the owners of the store decide, they can get the police to arrest you.

A temporary mall wide ban would be a side effect of a custodial sentence.

Anyway you look at it, bad behaviour within any environment is punished for the good of the community.

D
Right of admission reserved.

The mall management might just step in and ban the offender from the mall altogether, no matter what else happens.

Moves
04 Feb 09

Moves
04 Feb 09

The post that was quoted here has been removed
mAdness

Moves
04 Feb 09

Moves
04 Feb 09

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
04 Feb 09
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I thought the Spiderman speech was very powerful.

[EDIT] Actually, come to think of it, minus points for lack of heroic combinations of blue, white and red in your post.

8/10

D

Moves
04 Feb 09

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
04 Feb 09

When does the civilised discussion start?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
05 Feb 09

Originally posted by Palynka
When does the civilised discussion start?
When we can get Frank and cash to play the ball, and not the player.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Feb 09
2 edits

Nice thread.

I think the moderators sometimes hide behind the " alert it if you want it deleted" thing a bit. That being said, i think on a whole, they do a good job. Those who complain about the moderation are generally those who feel agrieved by it, and as such have a skewed opinion. If a vote was carried out by all of those playing at RHP, the majority of site users would tick the "what forums?" box.

There's a big wide world outside kids.,,Stay classy RHP 😉

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
07 Feb 09

Originally posted by MissOleum
they don't really need a right of appeal any more than a parking fine does
um... in england at least one can appeal a parking fine

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/t_parking_fines.pdf

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
07 Feb 09
1 edit

Oh...while we're on the subject, i think it should be Moderator policy to look through a full string if a post get's alerted (or back 5 posts, at least). Understanding context, catching possible other infractions, and a better grasp of the reason behind posts would be the posatives in such a policy.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
08 Feb 09

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Oh...while we're on the subject, i think it should be Moderator policy to look through a full string if a post get's alerted (or back 5 posts, at least). Understanding context, catching possible other infractions, and a better grasp of the reason behind posts would be the posatives in such a policy.
We try to do this always.

It's very easy for us to jump into a thread to the alerted post and see what was being posted.

That said, sometimes swift action is required and some threads develop so quickly that this might take ages, kind of defeating the object of hiding a post.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
09 Feb 09

Originally posted by Crowley
We try to do this always.

It's very easy for us to jump into a thread to the alerted post and see what was being posted.

That said, sometimes swift action is required and some threads develop so quickly that this might take ages, kind of defeating the object of hiding a post.
I'm afraid if you do that, you're the exception, not the rule. Too many times, i've been attacked, only to have my return post deleted, but not the original attack. If it was the policy to check the string, then this wouldn't happen.....constructive criticism only.