Christmas Day - Timeout Amnesty

Christmas Day - Timeout Amnesty

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Wizzard Lv.3

Coventry, UK

Moves
24 Dec 06

In the spirit of goodwill to all men, should we implement a timeout freeze for Christmas day?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
24 Dec 06

Originally posted by Tarpey
In the spirit of goodwill to all men, should we implement a timeout freeze for Christmas day?
No way!

War is War, Loser

😉😛

Moves
24 Dec 06

Yes, there should at least be an amnesty for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
24 Dec 06
2 edits

There is no Christmas holiday in Japan. I will be working as usual all of next week. If, in the course of my busy week, after rushing home to make a move in time, I happen to see a skull, I will stomp on it with glee.

If this were to be a feature of this site (all "religious" holidays are exempt from timeout and timebank), then people could claim Easter, Diwali, all of Ramadan, The Emperor's Birthday, Greek and Russian Orthodox Christmas (whenever that is; I think it's 10 days after Catholic/Protestant Christmas), Golden Week, Lent, etc., etc., as "Official Grace Periods".

No. Rules are rules, and people should take things like summer and winter holidays, and Crimbo, into consideration when they set up/accept games.

EDIT: As the man said, "War is war, loser"...

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
24 Dec 06
1 edit

How do we determine which day is which?
For us in Australia and Japan, we're almost a full day ahead of the US/UK group.
Then how would we determine which days are worhty of amnesty?
Boxing day is very celebrated in UK/Australia, but is unheard of in the US....

The idea of giving amnesty on a day, while great in theory, just doesn't seem practical.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Dec 06

I've got a better idea. Our cultures are so diverse... we should just have a Holiday button for timed out games.

When you get timed out, you just claim it's a holiday and it's against your religion to move that day... and the game is put back. This should be year-round feature.

P-

I

Moves
24 Dec 06

http://www.redhotpawn.com/vote/result.php?voteid=13

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Dec 06

Originally posted by Ian68
http://www.redhotpawn.com/vote/result.php?voteid=13
My idea is better, cuz it's even dumber than that idea.

P-

Moves
24 Dec 06

Originally posted by c99ux
There is no Christmas holiday in Japan. I will be working as usual all of next week. If, in the course of my busy week, after rushing home to make a move in time, I happen to see a skull, I will stomp on it with glee.

If this were to be a feature of this site (all "religious" holidays are exempt from timeout and timebank), then people could claim Easter, Di ...[text shortened]... deration when they set up/accept games.

EDIT: As the man said, "War is war, loser"...
You forgot the Ethiopian New Year, the 11th of September, plus, they've got the big one coming next year, it'll be the year 2000 in our 2007.

Anyone else wanna hunt some Skulls with me tomorrow, post your trophies in this thread....

But seriously, it is hypocritical to do this for only one religious group's holidays.

F

Moves
26 Dec 06

Jesus never played chess during Christmans, why should we...?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
26 Dec 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Jesus never played chess during Christmans, why should we...?
Cos we want to!

d

Moves
26 Dec 06

Originally posted by Kepler
Cos we want to!
Ahh, the Billie Piper school of philosophy ...

Does that joke extend beyond British borders? Or even within them?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
26 Dec 06

Originally posted by davidmacc
Ahh, the Billie Piper school of philosophy ...

Does that joke extend beyond British borders? Or even within them?
Who said it was a joke? And who's Billie Piper? Never heard of him.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
27 Dec 06

And who's Billie Piper? Never heard of him.
I hear he's massive in Hamlin!

F

Moves
27 Dec 06
1 edit

Who said it was a joke?
If we are referring to the Jesus-posting of mine so, yes it was a joke.
Jesus had better things to do at that time, like being born for one thing.