Cheating/A Business Solution

Cheating/A Business Solution

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Ichibanov
I do agree that the "c-word" is part of the problem. And I think Russ has that covered. People are now simply banned, with no mention as to why. Maybe Russ should switch from "banned" to "refunded" (which is the policy, I believe) to completely remove any implied stigma and keep the lawyers at bay.

Of course, that means no post-ban discussions of engine ...[text shortened]... allowed either. Right now, 3b'ers are pretty much fair game after they've been ejected.
Agree. We're looking at nothing more or less than a gradual overhaul of the RHP culture... realistically, anything but an easy undertaking.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
post by grumpy bobby

"3. Present RHP Situation: Private suspicions unfounded accusations,
public ill will, voluminous posts on the subject, negative internet press. "

Oh how right you are.

I came here to post another idea and read this thread.

Excellent idea to have this out in the open.
The other poster is pointing out all the diff here on another matter
so I have not thought all this out. But it's on the correct path.
How do internet correspondence chess site competitors deal with the issue?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
How do internet correspondence chess site competitors deal with the issue?
They Don't in most instances. Even USCF told me they don't bother unless there is a HUGE outcry and overwhelming evidence... and even then they may not act. I sent them a message about a year ago on the topic and actually heard back to my surprise.

P-

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jul 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit
They Don't in most instances. Even USCF told me they don't bother unless there is a HUGE outcry and overwhelming evidence... and even then they may not act. I sent them a message about a year ago on the topic and actually heard back to my surprise.

P-
Interesting, Phlab. Wonder why... Unable to due to a lack of effective (subjectivity/bias free) tools or Unwilling because

of the administrative nuisance and/or the litigation risk or because viewed as Unprofitable since the ongoing cost of the

solution may exceed the cost of the problem or some other cluster of perceptions and real world factors. What say you?

😉

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Jul 08

Interesting, Phlab. Wonder why... Unable to due to a lack of effective (subjectivity/bias free) tools or Unwilling because

of the administrative nuisance and/or the litigation risk or because viewed as Unprofitable since the ongoing cost of the

solution may exceed the cost of the problem or some other cluster of perceptions and real world factors. What say you?

😉
Quit winking at me!

I would say becuase engines are already so ingrained into USCF since their inception. Too late to start bothering? A friend of mine says it is a big problem and there are many who wish something would be done about it.

P-

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jul 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Quit winking at me!

I would say becuase engines are already so ingrained into USCF since their inception. Too late to start bothering? A friend of mine says it is a big problem and there are many who wish something would be done about it.

P-
Imagine loss of site integrity must be giving internet chess a bad name.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Aug 08

Imagine loss of site integrity must be giving internet chess a bad name.
Hackers and cheaters give all multiplayer internet games a bad name. But they're still so much fun! Or can be.

N
10. O-O

Kalispell, MT

Moves
27 Jan 09

//BUMP