Bumping old threads

Bumping old threads

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
01 Feb 10

Is there a particular reason it is looked down upon

by the mods
?

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by heinzkat
Is there a particular reason it is looked down upon [hidden]by the mods[/hidden]?
The fact that they are old may provide the answer.

I don't know why admin do not just lock all threads that have not been posted in for say 30 days and this would prevent the problem. 🙄

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by adramforall
The fact that they are old may provide the answer.

I don't know why admin do not just lock all threads that have not been posted in for say 30 days and this would prevent the problem. 🙄
Some old threads can be revisited for the right reasons.

P-

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
02 Feb 10

Yeah, I use one for clan recruitment, I bump it so I don't have to re-write all the wonderful ideas I had the first time, other folks added helpful suggestions like click on threads.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
02 Feb 10

Is there a particular reason it is looked down upon [hidden]by the mods[/hidden]?
It's against the rules. Bumping old threads threatens the solitude and sanctity of RHP. You must have a very good reason to post a comment, for instance, some timely update, or maybe a new insight. You will see this constantly throughout the forums. Be respectful.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
02 Feb 10

Providing it is for the right reasons I can't see any reason not to bump an old thread.

h

Moves
02 Feb 10

Originally posted by coquette
It's against the rules.
What rules? Where can I read these rules.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Feb 10

What rules? Where can I read these rules.
You can't write rules about it.

PRO TIP:

If you are bumping a heated and controversial thread for lulz or bumping it to cause confusion it will be closed by the mods.

If you are bumping an old thread because new info came up and nothing controversial is going on it will PROBABLY stay unless you've got a record of bumping old threads.

There is no way to type up all moderation decisions. I'm glad to answer questions and clear them up.

P-

Moves
02 Feb 10

who you gonna call?

h

Moves
02 Feb 10

Originally posted by trev33
who you gonna call?
GHOST BUMPERS !!!!!!!

h

Moves
02 Feb 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
bumping it to cause confusion it will be closed by the mods.
:'(

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Feb 10

:'(
Want to cause confusion? Take someone's g2 pawn with a Bishop sacrifice when you're already behind in a chess game!~ There are no rules against THAT!~

P-

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
02 Feb 10

Threads that go bump in the night

c

cheaters desk

Moves
02 Feb 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You can't write rules about it.

PRO TIP:

If you are bumping a heated and controversial thread for lulz or bumping it to cause confusion it will be closed by the mods.

If you are bumping an old thread because new info came up and nothing controversial is going on it will PROBABLY stay [b]unless
you've got a record of bumping old threads.

T ...[text shortened]... y to type up all moderation decisions. I'm glad to answer questions and clear them up.

P-[/b]
Is 13 the minimum age expected of forum users or is that the audience age requirement?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Feb 10

Originally posted by coquette
Threads that go bump in the night
Are you threadening me?!~