Best anti-spam idea ever!

Best anti-spam idea ever!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
The worst spammer on the site (by far) is STANG, and he's a subscriber. Your proposal is worthless; most other online chess forums are free, so charging people for access will only reduce participation.
STANG is annoying and has in the past been banned. I am sure he will be banned again.

Maybe the subs (HAHA) should have a vote on who should get a ban. I propose Bowmann and Vivaldi, although the latter has been suspiciously quiet for a while.

Maybe people should only be allowed on the forums after they've completed a certain number of games, to prove they're not here just to post drivel on the forums.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by knightwest
Maybe people should only be allowed on the forums after they've completed a certain number of games, to prove they're not here just to post drivel on the forums.
None of the high-movers ever post drivel. 🙄

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
18 Nov 05

Actually, I don't consider Bowmann to be a spammer really. He does have some humerous additions to make. One criteria that I am tend to consider spamming on forums is making new threads. I don't think he has started a new thread, only contributed to existing ones.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
18 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Aiko
I don't think he has started a new thread, only contributed to existing ones.
I've created 18 in the last few weeks:

Chess Lesson #1
Chess Lesson #2
Chess Lesson #3
Chess Lesson #4
Chess Lesson #5
Chess Lesson #6
Chess Lesson #7
Chess Lesson #8
Chess Lesson #9
Chess Lesson #10
Chess Lesson #11
Chess Lesson #12
Chess Lesson #13
Chess Lesson #14
Chess Lesson #15
Chess Lesson #16
Chess Lesson #17
and
Chess Lesson #18

And notice how many of these are not entitled Have You Ever Lay Back And Urinated On Yourself? or anything similar.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
18 Nov 05

Well, lessons are good, spamming is bad.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
19 Nov 05

Originally posted by Aiko
Actually, I don't consider Bowmann to be a spammer really. He does have some humerous additions to make. One criteria that I am tend to consider spamming on forums is making new threads. I don't think he has started a new thread, only contributed to existing ones.
Bowmann doesn't spam, he trolls. Often, however, he makes some good points. His chess lessons are well chosen problems, and generally have been well-received.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
19 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Bowmann doesn't spam, he trolls.
Yes, I wander around this zoo at my leisure. And, unlike you, I DON'T send PMs telling others what I think of them.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
19 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
Yes, I wander around this zoo at my leisure. And, unlike you, I DON'T send PMs telling others what I think of them.
Another false accusation and personal attack.

Are you referring to the PM yesterday, which you invited in a thread on other chess sites, to which you replied with an absurd declaration? Or are you referring to one two months ago when I inquired about one of your unprovoked personal attacks on me?

Grow up little man.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
19 Nov 05

Are you referring to the PM yesterday, which you invited in a thread on other chess sites, to which you replied with an absurd declaration? Or are you referring to one two months ago when I inquired about one of your unprovoked personal attacks on me?
How could I be referring to PMs I invite? I meant those you sent on 21st, 22nd and 28th October respectively, the last entitled "troll".

Personal attacks cannot be made in the forums.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
20 Nov 05
2 edits

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
20 Nov 05

[b]Chessworld.net do this. Hardly the best site, though.

does

If you have an insight into the best online playing site, please share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Wulebgr to Bowmann
>Which sites do you consider superior to R ...[text shortened]... seful. Most of the time you seem to be a person of intelligence, but too often you are a cretin.[/b]
Right on the button. Gets a rec.

skeeter

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
20 Nov 05

...so I call you a troll.

When you asserted in a rather whimsical thread that I was ignorant of the rules of chess, I asked for clarification in the same thread. You offered none, but...
Happy to be one, as I've already indicated.

I have arrived at the conclusion that you take life far too seriously. Your replies are becoming ever more frustrated and confused. And you simply cannot move on from the matter of the 'rules of chess clarification' thread, even though I've answered your questions and laid it to rest. Twice. (Although you've dug it up numerous times, Scooter doesn't seem to mind.)

SD
I AM INNOCENT

WRONGLY BANNED

Moves
20 Nov 05

Happy to be one, as I've already indicated.

I have arrived at the conclusion that you take life far too seriously. Your replies are becoming ever more frustrated and confused. And you simply cannot move on from the matter of the 'rules of chess clarification' thread, even though I've answered your questions and laid it to rest. Twice. (Although you've dug it up numerous times, Scooter doesn't seem to mind.)
Go Bowmann!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
20 Nov 05
1 edit

even though I've answered your questions and laid it to rest. Twice.
Then, I've missed it twice. 🙄🙄

Others answered my questions; you haven't. You were wrong in your allegations and you're too cowardly to admit it.

BTW, the matter arose in the "favorite chess piece" thread. I like pawns because they become queens, remember?

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
21 Nov 05

Others answered my questions; you haven't. You were wrong in your allegations and you're too cowardly to admit it.

BTW, the matter arose in the "favorite chess piece" thread. I like pawns because they become queens, remember?
I remember. But you don't. Unless you're too cowardly to admit that I was right.