ability to block reminders

ability to block reminders

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d
The Godfather

e8

Moves
23 Nov 04

I would like to be able to block reminder msgs by setting a flag. options to either block all reminders, or just from a list of named players. anyone else?

S

Internet

Moves
24 Nov 04

Originally posted by dfm65
I would like to be able to block reminder msgs by setting a flag. options to either block all reminders, or just from a list of named players. anyone else?
Hear, hear!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Nov 04
1 edit

Reminders suck.

D

p
GTX

Aberdeen, Scotland

Moves
24 Nov 04

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Reminders suck.

D
and so say all of us.

d
The Godfather

e8

Moves
24 Nov 04
1 edit

Reminders suck.

D
yeah, i have some in my inbox every day. i don't pay any attention to them, except to delete them. i use those little clocks to tell me when i need to move in a particular game...

EDIT: most of the time i move faster, but i have 86 games going (recently down from 100+), and not much time to play right now...

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Nov 04

Originally posted by dfm65
yeah, i have some in my inbox every day. i don't pay any attention to them, except to delete them. i use those little clocks to tell me when i need to move in a particular game...

EDIT: most of the time i move faster, but i have 86 games going (recently down from 100+), and not much time to play right now...
I just use filters now to put all my emails from RHP out of the way where I don't have to look at them. Works quite well.

D

P

Virginia

Moves
24 Nov 04

Another advantage to blocking reminders is that it lowers the amount of email that Russ has to send out as a whole. It may improve performance/bandwidth.

d

Brooklyn, NY

Moves
25 Nov 04

Originally posted by Pie1120
Another advantage to blocking reminders is that it lowers the amount of email that Russ has to send out as a whole. It may improve performance/bandwidth.
... just as drinking from the lake might help lower it's level.

d
The Godfather

e8

Moves
25 Nov 04

I just use filters now to put all my emails from RHP out of the way where I don't have to look at them. Works quite well.

D
yeah, that's a good idea, but sometimes RHP sends something useful, like notice that a new round of a tournament you are in has started. i guess the filter could be made smart enough to handle that, but it seems to me it would be nice feature if you could stop RHP from sending reminders.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
25 Nov 04

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
27 Nov 04

I think the remindersystem is good and it should not be possible to block then (this is just against the idea of reminders!), but they could be improved:
* restrict the number of reminders to be sent
* let just send reminders when the timebank is running
* there should allways be 5 days between two remidners
* show in mygames that I've already sent 3 reminders in this game (this makes t/o easier...
th

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
20 Dec 04

I would really really like an option to block reminders