Time

Time

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
03 Dec 14

Something that I can't grasp is some physics professoers say that all of time is in one place ( the present) . The past, present, and future are all here with us...experiments tend to show that the future does indeed influence our present time.

Infidel

Moves
03 Dec 14

Originally posted by woadman
experiments tend to show that the future does indeed influence our present time.
Got a link to those experiments?

Cape Town

Moves
03 Dec 14

...experiments tend to show that the future does indeed influence our present time.
That depends on what you mean by 'influence'. Given a particular state now, we can predict to some extent what the past was, and what the future will be. But the past is much more predictable than the future.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Dec 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
That depends on what you mean by 'influence'. Given a particular state now, we can predict to some extent what the past was, and what the future will be. But the past is much more predictable than the future.
It is said that Russian history is unpredictable.....

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
03 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Predictions of the past and for that matter what will have happened today depends on who wins tomorrow's sea battle.

F

Moves
03 Dec 14

Something that I can't grasp is some physics professoers say that all of time is in one place ( the present) . The past, present, and future are all here with us...experiments tend to show that the future does indeed influence our present time.
I would say that for the time being it is just speculations, no more.

There are (at least) two ways to consider time.
(1) That the future already exists. We just have to wait for it to see what it will be.
(2) That the future and past doesn't exist. We create the future in front of us.

The implications of (1) is that we are just passengers in time, and cannot interfere with it. We have no free will at all.
In the case (2) we have free will, and we can change the future as we want.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
And I am sure that is being said by Americans. History is 'predicted' by whoever is writing it. But then history is not what happened in the past, but rather what is written about what supposedly happened in the past.

D

Moves
03 Dec 14

w

Moves
04 Dec 14

Is it possible to have time without light ?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
04 Dec 14

They are independent concepts. There's no a priori reason why time but not light should not exist that I know of.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Dec 14

This would help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille_watch