Possible HIV treatment with lasers

Possible HIV treatment with lasers

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
16 Jul 08

Don't know if you guys have seen this - I only read about it now.
Exciting news for Africa, definitely!

A type of infrared laser technology could be used to protect the human immune system against HIV, as well as other viruses and infections, without causing side effects, according to a study published in the November 1 issue of the Journal of Physics: Condensed Matters, BBC News reports.

http://www.iolhivaids.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=1837&fArticleId=4119589

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Jul 08
1 edit

I just read a piece I think in Science Daily, where they are literally filtering out bad viruses in special filters, small ones at that. And not just HIV either, flu, hepatitis C were some of the others mentioned. Apparently the filter material is tuned to a specific pathogen. This seems maybe even better than laser treatment, it would seem to me if you zap a virus with a laser it would leave behind remnants which maybe could be harmful by themselves, but the same virus gets trapped in the filter elements and nothing in the way of debris is in the blood.
Found it:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2008/0602-cleaning_infected_blood.htm

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jul 08

So AIDS will be cured by miniature baleen whales with sharks on their heads, is that it?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Jul 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
So AIDS will be cured by miniature baleen whales with sharks on their heads, is that it?
First, like herpes, the hiv virus has to come out of hiding, be coerced into coming out of the cell, then it's more vulnerable.
So did you work out the problem I posed in the puzzle forum?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jul 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
First, like herpes, the hiv virus has to come out of hiding, be coerced into coming out of the cell, then it's more vulnerable.
So did you work out the problem I posed in the puzzle forum?
Not yet.