Our Pale Blue Dot

Our Pale Blue Dot

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
18 Jul 08

I just watched this video and it really puts our existence into perspective and well, should make anyone humble in the face of the size or our universe.

This amazes me both in the fact that we are so small, but mostly because we have gained the ability to find out just how small we are.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Jul 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I just watched this video and it really puts our existence into perspective and well, should make anyone humble in the face of the size or our universe.

This amazes me both in the fact that we are so small, but mostly because we have gained the ability to find out just how small we are.

I used to watch Cosmos religiously. What an erudite man. Eloquent comes to mind. Visionary. BTW, it was his hypothesis, subsequently proven, that Venus would be extremely hot due to a runaway greenhouse effect.

P

Moves
18 Jul 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
I used to watch Cosmos religiously. What an erudite man. Eloquent comes to mind. Visionary. BTW, it was his hypothesis, subsequently proven, that Venus would be extremely hot due to a runaway greenhouse effect.
I definitely need to watch the cosmos series. I only get the chance to watch parts of it through youtube.

I have his book "Demon Haunted World" sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read. I've heard it's a classic in skeptical thinking and reality based thinking.

I have to make my way through the book I'm currently reading first at least and I have another one in line.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Jul 08

squeeking of books, here is one I heartily recommend:
Phantoms in the Brain by V.S. Ramachandran MD, Phd and Sandra Blakeslee
It opened up vista's of the mind for me! A revelation on every page about the way the mind works.

w

Moves
20 Jul 08

[b]I just watched this video and it really puts our existence into perspective and well, should make anyone humble in the face of the size or our universe.
The key word is SHOULD make us humble. LOL.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20 Jul 08

MY MAMA SEZ SIZE DUN MATTA

P

Moves
20 Jul 08

Originally posted by whodey
The key word is SHOULD make us humble. LOL.
Yes. And are you just saying that there are those that aren't? Are you suggesting I am not?