1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 14:156 edits
    @metal-brain said

I am even skeptical that the new variant is more contagious as we are hearing.
    Why are you "even skeptical that the new variant is more contagious as we are hearing"? Are you an expert on this? Answer, NO.
    We listen to the scientists and the experts and what the science says, not ignorant opinionated you.

That is NOT the new mutant strain. You have not presented any evidence D614G is that different than the other variant in China.
    Well lets see what is actually known about this mutant strain, shall we?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55388846
    "...
    Why is this variant causing concern?

Three things are coming together that mean it is attracting attention:

It is rapidly replacing other versions of the virus
    It has mutations that affect part of the virus likely to be important
    Some of those mutations have already been shown in the lab to increase the ability of the virus to infect cells
    During the talk he said: "... it is growing very quickly, it is growing faster than [a previous variant] ever grew .."
    The virus that was first detected in Wuhan, China, is not the same one you will find in most corners of the world.

The D614G mutation emerged in Europe in February and became the globally dominant form of the virus.
    ..." (my emphasis)

So this implies it is not only more contagious but its a new variant.
    Seems then the experts would generally disagree with your ignorant baseless opinions.
    Who do you think we all trust the word of more here?
    Your load mouth ignorant baseless opinions or the experts that know much more about it than me or you?
    You are completely delusional if you think the former.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 16:12
    @humy said
    Why are you "even skeptical that the new variant is more contagious as we are hearing"? Are you an expert on this? Answer, NO.
    We listen to the scientists and the experts and what the science says, not ignorant opinionated you.

That is NOT the new mutant strain. You have not presented any evidence D614G is that different than the other variant in China.
    Well ...[text shortened]... that know much more about it than me or you?
    You are completely delusional if you think the former.
    You have no proof.
    Everything you claimed is speculation and nothing more.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 17:54
    @metal-brain said
    You have no proof.
    You have been invited to provide any proof.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 17:585 edits
    @metal-brain said
    You have no proof.
    Have you got proof? Answer, no.
    Why do I have to personally show proof that what the experts reported of their findings is correct?
    Have you got any proof that their report of their findings is lies and/or mistaken?
    The burden of proof for an ignorant opinionated non-expert layperson like yourself that what the experts say about something they do have expertise on is wrong is on the ignorant non-expert layperson and the burden of proof that their report is correct is not on some other layperson like me. They merely reported on their said findings and our default assumption should be their report of their findings isn't lies nor mistaken until if or when we have good evidence or good reason to believe otherwise. That's because THEY are the experts on it, not us and certainly not you.

No, its merely what the experts have reported and which contradict your ignorant baseless personal opinions.
    Which part of this report, which I just previously posted and which contradicts your assertions, you say is false and what is your proof that its false?;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55388846
    "...
    Why is this variant causing concern?

Three things are coming together that mean it is attracting attention:

It is rapidly replacing other versions of the virus
    It has mutations that affect part of the virus likely to be important
    Some of those mutations have already been shown in the lab to increase the ability of the virus to infect cells
    During the talk he said: "... it is growing very quickly, it is growing faster than [a previous variant] ever grew .."
    The virus that was first detected in Wuhan, China, is not the same one you will find in most corners of the world.

The D614G mutation emerged in Europe in February and became the globally dominant form of the virus.
    ..." (my emphasis)
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 01:04
    @ponderable said
    You have been invited to provide any proof.
    Proof of what?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 01:10
    @humy said
    Have you got proof? Answer, no.
    Why do I have to personally show proof that what the experts reported of their findings is correct?
    Have you got any proof that their report of their findings is lies and/or mistaken?
    The burden of proof for an ignorant opinionated non-expert layperson like yourself that what the experts say about something they do have expertise on is wrong is ...[text shortened]... erged in Europe in February and became the globally dominant form of the virus.
    ..." (my emphasis)
    I didn't claim I had proof, you did.
    Randomized Controlled Trials are the only proof. You don't have that. A certain variant can spread fast for all sorts of reasons. Correlation does not prove causation.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 07:51
    @metal-brain said
    I didn't claim I had proof, you did.
    No, I didn't claim I had proof. You lie yet again.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 14:30
    @humy said
    No, I didn't claim I had proof. You lie yet again.
    Then what are we talking about? You have no proof. I never claimed to have proof. What is your problem?
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 16:57
    @metal-brain said
    Then what are we talking about?
    Now you are just being obtuse. Read previous posts and came back to us.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 16:582 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Then what are we talking about? You have no proof. I never claimed to have proof. What is your problem?
    This is your thread, sir. I think folks are frustrated with your statements ("...lockdowns and masks don't help" ) that don't have a well-substantiated foundation in evidence.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 17:18
    @wildgrass said
    You're talking about infection rate. There's obviously a difference in infection rate between presymptomatic and asymptomatic people. Once again, I think you've failed to read your own source material.
    The word "presymptomatic" does not appear at all in that article. Not even once.
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 17:241 edit
    @metal-brain said
    The word "presymptomatic" does not appear at all in that article. Not even once.
    I know, right. Makes your statement in the OP seem rather silly then, doesn't it?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 18:20
    @wildgrass said
    I know, right. Makes your statement in the OP seem rather silly then, doesn't it?
    What is your source of information?
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 18:46
    @metal-brain said
    What is your source of information?
    It's alarming that you're not getting this.

You made a statement about masks and lockdowns at the outset of this thread. The article you posted does not substantiate this statement. Everyone's waiting for the substance of your argument.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 18:50
    @wildgrass said
    It's alarming that you're not getting this.

You made a statement about masks and lockdowns at the outset of this thread. The article you posted does not substantiate this statement. Everyone's waiting for the substance of your argument.
    Stop digressing.
    Can you prove your claim or not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree