Law of Averages

Law of Averages

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Hey, just keep hanging on to your dream, which is what it is. Just remember, human sciences are in their infancy, we are up to maybe an 8 year old level in understanding of the universe so have fun dissing an 8 year old. In another 100 years science will be more like a 12 year old and you won't have so much to stand on by then. Of course you and 99% of all ...[text shortened]... t get converted each year so eventually all your objections will fade into the bad dream it is.
"Human sciences are in their infancy, we are up to maybe an 8 year old level in understanding of the universe. In another 100 years science will be more like a 12 year old."

That sound like a slow process to me. Why not study THE BOOK and get a PHD in a year? 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
"Human sciences are in their infancy, we are up to maybe an 8 year old level in understanding of the universe. In another 100 years science will be more like a 12 year old."

That sound like a slow process to me. Why not study THE BOOK and get a PHD in a year? 😏
I'll take my chances in the real world, I have no need for biblical snake oil salesmen invisible friend fantasy rides.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
I'll take my chances in the real world, I have no need for biblical snake oil salesmen invisible friend fantasy rides.
Biblical snake oil salesmen?
Invisible friend fantasy rides?

You are sounding snooty today.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
02 May 13

For a PhD you need to do some original research. Reading a tatty book of fairy tales doesn't count.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
For a PhD you need to do some original research. Reading a tatty book of fairy tales doesn't count.
That would be original research for him. 😏

Australia

Moves
05 May 13

This thread's become another RJHinds trainwreck.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 13
1 edit

You don't ever wish to consider the opinions of those that have done original research and gained a PhD, if those opinions disagrees with your own ideologies and beliefs.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
05 May 13

You don't ever wish to consider the opinions of those that have done original research and gained a PhD, if those opinions disagrees with your own ideologies and beliefs.
Really? Why would l consider your opinions then?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 13

Really? Why would l consider your opinions then?
You probably will not. However, there may be someone on here that wants to learn something from...

The Instructor

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
05 May 13

You probably will not. However, there may be someone on here that wants to learn something from...

The Instructor
I find that about as likely as your own personal version of god existing. Zero.

Z

Moves
09 May 13

Originally posted by FMF
Why does inserting a USB plug into an unsighted USB socket defy the law of averages? The first attempt to put the USB plug in is almost always thwarted by the end being the wrong way up.
the usb symbol on the device shows how you must plug it in. as long as you remember that, you don't need to fidget.