How life might have started on Earth:

How life might have started on Earth:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by humy
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oxymoron
Evilution Science is the real oxymoron.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Evilution Science is the real oxymoron.

The Instructor
Well, you said it yourself. Evilution is an oxymoron. That exact word. Since you did not even invent that word, you are plagiarizing the whole thing and you didn't even give the real authors name who first came up with it.

The word Evolution is not an oxymoron, just Evilution.

So why don't you tell us your source for that word?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Oct 13
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well, you said it yourself. Evilution is an oxymoron. That exact word. Since you did not even invent that word, you are plagiarizing the whole thing and you didn't even give the real authors name who first came up with it.

The word Evolution is not an oxymoron, just Evilution.

So why don't you tell us your source for that word?
I did. It comes from this video.

EVIL-LUTION - How Embarrassing!

The Instructor

Australia

Moves
03 Nov 13

"Evilution", a song by Running Wild from the 1989 album Death or Glory. It's not original to the idiot creationists.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Nov 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
"Evilution", a song by Running Wild from the 1989 album Death or Glory. It's not original to the idiot creationists.
I don't listen to EVIL music, so I don't know about that. But I did watch an EVIL-LUTION video about the THEORY of EVIL_LUTION.

The Instructor

Australia

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

Well, you would, wouldn't you? Just don't expect any person interested in real science to join you. In this forum you're a moronic waste of space, only tolerated because of the "free speech" thingy and not because of anything inside your delusion-filled head.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Nov 13

Well, you would, wouldn't you? Just don't expect any person interested in real science to join you. In this forum you're a moronic waste of space, only tolerated because of the "free speech" thingy and not because of anything inside your delusion-filled head.
How nice.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
How nice.

The Instructor
AND true.

jb

Moves
05 Nov 13

"Free speech " thingy? Your not against free speech are you?

h

Moves
05 Nov 13
2 edits

Originally posted by joe beyser
We are not against freedom of speak but do you support 'freedom of speak' SPECIFICALLY for a troll to do his trolling? -I certainly don't think this troll can really hide behind that to do all his moronic trolling.
How about the 'freedom of speak' SPECIFICALLY for a racist to shout out offensive racist crap to any black people he hates? -if you don't support that, then why would you support this trolling? -I fail to see a lot of difference between the two.

Fortunately, I cannot see his trolling any more because I have used BG script to block his VAST LOAD OF CRAP and am a lot happier now for it but, it is not fair that all other uses here be forced to do the same to avoid seeing all his crap and far better and fairer to permanently ban the troll from this forum.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Nov 13

Originally posted by joe beyser
So for you freedom of speech is the same as the freedom to troll.

h

Moves
06 Nov 13
5 edits

Evidence supporting the hypothesis that RNA came before proteins and before DNA:

http://phys.org/news/2013-11-rna-splicing-gene-evidence-world.html

this is not by far the only evidence for the hypothesis and, although the possibility of proteins coming before RNA hasn't yet been ruled out, the case for RNA before proteins is pretty strong while RNA coming before DNA is, of course, definite.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Nov 13

Evidence supporting the hypothesis that RNA came before proteins and before DNA:

this is not by far the only evidence for the hypothesis and, although the possibility of proteins coming before RNA hasn't yet been ruled out, the case for RNA before proteins is pretty strong while RNA coming before DNA is, of course, definite.
This RNA hypothesis is stupid bunk.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Nov 13

Is it energetically easier to make RNA than proteins?

h

Moves
07 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Is it energetically easier to make RNA than proteins?
Not sure but; for the very first protocell to be viable, an RNA-like molecule rather than proteins must have been used first and that's because, as far as we know, protein's cannot so easily readily and spontaneously function as carrier of genetic information (although I think it is theoretically possible for them to do so ) .
I think RNA, or, much more likely, an RNA-like molecule, was likely to be in the very first truly viable protocell that could divide and grow and have what I would refer to 'stable inheritance' (which I define as the tendency to copy its whole genome accurately without mutation for more than half of the cell divisions ) that then allowed evolution. complex protein would then have come later because the RNA-like molecules would have had some functional enzyme-like activity thus temporally functioned both as both enzymes and generic material at the same time -or at least that is my (and some other peoples ) best theory.