1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 02:27
    @eladar said
    I googled the test and all sites I read say it is accurate. Of course some are more evasive in their description using words "likely" to have covid. They never define likely.
    You might find this interesting.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/8yWerMWWjm2p/
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 10:521 edit
    @eladar said
    Yes, that is true.

Now tell me, is Covid anything like that?
    If people tried to control its spread by wearing funny hats and publicly flailing themselves then as it naturally mutated unchecked it could be very much like that, especially given the over exposure of health workers.
    It’s a good job we’ve got sensible social distancing measures, masks and now vaccines to tackle it huh!
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 13:09
    @kevcvs57 said
    If people tried to control its spread by wearing funny hats and publicly flailing themselves then as it naturally mutated unchecked it could be very much like that, especially given the over exposure of health workers.
    It’s a good job we’ve got sensible social distancing measures, masks and now vaccines to tackle it huh!
    For healthy people younger than 45, all that stuff is actually a negative. You want to get sick when you are young so that you do not get sick with covid when you are older when your immune system is weaker.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 16:12
    @Eladar
    Ah, that means it is SO much better that ONLY four MILLION worldwide died from C19.
    Got it. You are just SPILLING OVER with empathy.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 16:14
    @sonhouse
    Viruses kill the old and the weak. It is how it has always been.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 16:16
    @Eladar
    I guess it would be no different if YOU died from C19, right?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 16:21
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    I guess it would be no different if YOU died from C19, right?
    Of course not. We will all die
    Good luck escaping death. Something is going to get you.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 23:58
    @Eladar
    I see. So we should not take the vaccine shots and just let nature take its course. Instead of 4 mil dead it should be FORTY million dead. Is that also ok? How many millions have to die before you say it really is worse than the flu? 400 million?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 01:39
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    I see. So we should not take the vaccine shots and just let nature take its course. Instead of 4 mil dead it should be FORTY million dead. Is that also ok? How many millions have to die before you say it really is worse than the flu? 400 million?
    I would suggest that people do what they can to boost their immunity, eat well, exercise and take precautions to limit exposure to the virus.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 07:351 edit
    @eladar said
    I would suggest that people do what they can to boost their immunity, eat well, exercise and take precautions to limit exposure to the virus.
    Right. Good advice. Now, think it through to the end: taking precautions to prevent exposure to the virus includes not exposing others to it, to prevent it from propagating unchecked, because an unchecked virus will mutate again and you may not have herd immunity to the next mutation.

So, to prevent unchecked propagation of the virus, thereby protecting yourself too: wear your mask in public, get vaxed, maintain social distancing, and follow the best available science-based advice (which may, of course, change as the virus mutates). The life you save may be your own.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 16:20
    @eladar said
    @sonhouse
    Viruses kill the old and the weak. It is how it has always been.
    Tell that to the Spanish Flu.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 16:22
    @eladar said
    I think this is an important subject these days.

Question 1- For how much of mankind's history has mankind had to deal with the virus?

Questions 2- What is the natural cycle of the virus?

Questions 3- How have pandemics ended in the past given that there were no vaccines to the stop the virus?
    'The' virus? As if there's only one and it's all the same?

Nice attempt at anti-science agitprop, mate.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 16:41
    @moonbus said
    Right. Good advice. Now, think it through to the end: taking precautions to prevent exposure to the virus includes not exposing others to it, to prevent it from propagating unchecked, because an unchecked virus will mutate again and you may not have herd immunity to the next mutation.

So, to prevent unchecked propagation of the virus, thereby protecting yourself too: wear ...[text shortened]... based advice (which may, of course, change as the virus mutates). The life you save may be your own.
    I suppose I do not view this virus as much of a danger to people who are not of retirement age.

The chance of a 17 year old being killed by COVID once he or she gets sick is something like 1 in 100 000. For me, this is nothing to make a big issue.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 16:43
    @shallow-blue said
    'The' virus? As if there's only one and it's all the same?

Nice attempt at anti-science agitprop, mate.
    The virus as in the classification known as virus.

Viruses traditionally kill off those with weak immune system, which means mostly the elderly.

Tell me how covid is any different.
  15. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 17:02
    @Eladar

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/926410/Understanding_Cycle_Threshold__Ct__in_SARS-CoV-2_RT-PCR_.pdf

Page 6 paragraph 2

UK govt paper for healthcare professionals - makes if clear that PCR test DOES NOT detect specifically infectious samples.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree