1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:311 edit
    @Metal-Brain

To obtain a X-ray based structure you can only use very pure sample, please reread on x-ray-crystallography.

btw if you hadn't up to now this would be your final disqualification About leading a scientific discussion.

You don't know the correct use of the Terminus "Isolate" it refers to an active Virus.
    You don't know that if you want "pure Virus the only way to get it is to crystalize.
    You don't even know how structure Determination works.
    Of cousre the crysatlized Virus won't be viable, so it doesn't meet the definition of "Isolate".

Any undergrad in natural science is more knowledgeable than you, but you think you are in a Position to Judge what scientists at the front of reaserch do?

And no your Nobel Prize winner does not make the cut. Thisthreasd would belong into Debates, but not because of the People trying to statisfy curiosity of People and trying to lift discussion on a scientif niveau.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 12:22
    @ponderable said
    @Metal-Brain

To obtain a X-ray based structure you can only use very pure sample, please reread on x-ray-crystallography.

btw if you hadn't up to now this would be your final disqualification About leading a scientific discussion.

You don't know the correct use of the Terminus "Isolate" it refers to an active Virus.
    You don't know that if you want "pure Virus the ...[text shortened]... he People trying to statisfy curiosity of People and trying to lift discussion on a scientif niveau.
    Ponderable, please don't keep encouraging this individual to post his weird rubbish. You can't convince a fool of anything. Better to just let his nonsense threads wither.

I know, I know, practice what you preach. I'm just as sick of him as you are, and I really hate it when he starts infesting the Science forum. I'll try harder. 🤐
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 14:31
    @ponderable said
    @Metal-Brain

You don't know that if you want "pure Virus the ...[text shortened]... he People trying to statisfy curiosity of People and trying to lift discussion on a scientif niveau.
    "Of cousre the crysatlized Virus won't be viable, so it doesn't meet the definition of "Isolate"."

This would be your final disqualification About leading a scientific discussion. Any more irrelevant garbage you want to air out for no apparent reason?

😠
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 23:52
    @Metal-Brain
    How about the one where we ALL know you are nothing but a troll.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Apr '21 06:32
    @metal-brain said
    "Of cousre the crysatlized Virus won't be viable, so it doesn't meet the definition of "Isolate"."

This would be your final disqualification About leading a scientific discussion. Any more irrelevant garbage you want to air out for no apparent reason?

😠
    X-ray crystallography how to:

* Obtain pure crystalls of a substance
    * put that sample in an x-ray machine, measure the x-ray intensity along the angles (e.g. by using film if you are old-school).
    * Derive from the reflections the location of atoms. Derive from the atom position the structure.

Try this with a non-crystallized sampele or a mixture and you get nothing but noise.

So if you do have a x-ray structure it is VERY CLEAR that you had a (reasonably) pure sample. If you do have a pure sample you have the most isolated specimen you can get.

Do explain to me where this is irrelevant to the question if a virus ahs been isolated. btw there was a Nobel Prize on the technique in 1914 (very justified) and the method has been used by generations of chemists since then and all the results fit together.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '21 06:06
    @ponderable said
    X-ray crystallography how to:

* Obtain pure crystalls of a substance
    * put that sample in an x-ray machine, measure the x-ray intensity along the angles (e.g. by using film if you are old-school).
    * Derive from the reflections the location of atoms. Derive from the atom position the structure.

Try this with a non-crystallized sampele or a mixture and you get nothin ...[text shortened]... and the method has been used by generations of chemists since then and all the results fit together.
    Irrelevant.
    That doesn't tell me who is doing the isolating.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Apr '21 20:21
    @Metal-Brain
    Hey Troll, try something new for you: Do your OWN FUKKING SEARCHES.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 15:22
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Hey Troll, try something new for you: Do your OWN FUKKING SEARCHES.
    Thanks for confirming you don't know who did any of the variant isolates are either. That makes it clear you don't do your OWN FUKKING SEARCH! DORK!
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 18:44
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    How about the one where we ALL know you are nothing but a troll.
    How about you lot stop feeding the troll, then?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 22:27
    @Shallow-Blue
    I have sent PM's about this troll but mainly the gist was let him puke out his BS.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 23:51
    @sonhouse said
    @Shallow-Blue
    I have sent PM's about this troll but mainly the gist was let him puke out his BS.
    It isn't BS if you cannot answer such a simple question.
    Who is isolating these variants?

If nobody answers the question how do we know they are not made up variants? They might as well call the next variant the Mickey Mouse variant. Anybody can make up a name.

Who isolated these variants? Give me a name, a government institution, a country or at least something. It isn't that I doubt variant exist. I'm sure they do, but to claim a new variant is more contagious without any proof seems like a convenient excuse for Michigan being the epicenter of the US pandemic.

Epidemiological studies proved wearing face masks worked until they proved they didn't work in Michigan. Oh, it is because of a new more contagious variant. Convenient excuse. How do we know these more contagious variants didn't screw up the epidemiological studies all along? The variants existed before the variants were isolated, right? Right.

There you go. Epidemiological studies are worthless because of a more contagious variant. All of them!
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 15:23
    @sonhouse said
    @Shallow-Blue
    Yes! Exactly! Let him spew, but stop #$&*#$%^feeding him more things to spew over again and again and again because you will respond to his nonsense with equal nonsense again and again and again!

Have you been on the internet for no more than a week? Do you still not understand that that is how trolls work? They spew; you feed them; they spew again; lather, rinse, repeat. And they will never stop spewing if they've been given something to spew - specifically, Metal Brain will not stop spewing his conspiracy bull&@*#@& while you (yes, you, sonhouse, specifically! ) feed him objections to spew over - so it is up to you to stop feeding him.

Stop

effing

feeding

this

troll

already.

You're reaching nobody with your "counter points" who didn't know them already; you're certainly not convincing him of anything but the need to spew more; all you're doing is poisoning this forum with, not against, him.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 01:51
    It is not a conspiracy. The SARS2 virus has not been isolated. Perhaps you all don't know what that means. Time to read up instead of assuming you know what the word means.

https://principia-scientific.com/statement-on-virus-isolation-sovi/

I never claimed the SARS2 virus doesn't exist. Is that what you all think? WRONG! Some people claim that, but not me. You need to prove the virus causes the disease with scientific testing.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 04:02
    @metal-brain said
    It is not a conspiracy. The SARS2 virus has not been isolated. Perhaps you all don't know what that means. Time to read up instead of assuming you know what the word means.

https://principia-scientific.com/statement-on-virus-isolation-sovi/

I never claimed the SARS2 virus doesn't exist. Is that what you all think? WRONG! Some people claim that, but not me. You need to prove the virus causes the disease with scientific testing.
    WE don't need to prove anything to you. Get lost, troll.

If everyone here just kept ignoring this f-wit, except for an occasional request to get lost, we may be able to get some reality back into this forum, at least.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 11:42
    @kewpie said
    WE don't need to prove anything to you. Get lost, troll.

If everyone here just kept ignoring this f-wit, except for an occasional request to get lost, we may be able to get some reality back into this forum, at least.
    That is your psychological projection. I created this thread.

You and sonhouse are the trolls. Offer something to this thread or get lost. When you offer nothing and simply hurl ad hominem attacks on another's thread that makes you the troll. You are fooling nobody and your hypocrisy is evident.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree