Five Topics of Personal Interest

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Feb 13
2 edits

Any Doctors, Med School Students or Directors of Nursing in The House? If so, I'd appreciate any accurate information (in non-technical terms to the greatest extent possible) you may have on the following five topics: 1) Post-Paralysis Recovery; 2) RLS; 3) Skin Abnormalities (dryness, itching, frequent bruising, blotching and bleeding); 4) Genetic Predisposition; and 5) Transfer of Genes During Copulation. Thank you. (gb)

h

Moves
27 Feb 13
6 edits

LOL. What a bizarre list of things you want to know! especially the one about gene transfer during "Copulation"! Why on earth do you want to know about that!?
Is this just out of pure curiosity or are you trying to help very unfortunate person with a bizarre set of medical problems?

(sorry, I'm not an expert in any of those fields. But I guess if I was an expert in all those fields, I would know literally everything including full details of the mating habits of dung beetles)

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
27 Feb 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Five Topics of Personal Interest

Any Doctors, Med School Students or Directors of Nursing in The House? If so, I'd appreciate any accurate information (in non-technical terms to the greatest extent possible) you may have on the following five topics: 1) Post-Paralysis Recovery; 2) RLS; 3) Skin Abnormalities (dryness, itching, frequent bruising ...[text shortened]... eeding); 4) Genetic Predisposition; and 5) Transfer of Genes During Copulation. Thank you. (gb)[/b]
Important to note that you cannot "catch" a genetic predisposition by copulation, although you can pass said genetic predisposition onto any offspring that result from copulation.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Mar 13

2) RLS;
I get it when I'm walking or running.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59

I get it when I'm walking or running.
Mine's a mild version (less overactive nerves and muscle spasms
than one that causes my the skin on the soles of my feet to itch and burn)
caused by paraylysis from hip to knee [without impact injury, stroke or seizure]
in 2010 which I'm now 90-95% recovered. Sorry to hear about yours.
-

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 13

Originally posted by Kepler

Important to note that you cannot "catch" a genetic predisposition by copulation, although you can pass said genetic predisposition onto any offspring that result from copulation.
"5) Transfer of Genes During Copulation."

Much improved and much more nearly accurate wording:

'Transfer of Genes from Parents (and ancestral lineage)'.
-

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 13

Originally posted by humy

LOL. What a bizarre list of things you want to know! especially the one about gene transfer during "Copulation"! Why on earth do you want to know about that!?
Is this just out of pure curiosity or are you trying to help very unfortunate person with a bizarre set of medical problems?

(sorry, I'm not an expert in any of those fields. But I guess if I was an ...[text shortened]... would know literally everything including full details of the mating habits of dung beetles)
Unfortunate wording; please forgive.

jb

Moves
06 Mar 13

[b]Five Topics of Personal Interest

Any Doctors, Med School Students or Directors of Nursing in The House? If so, I'd appreciate any accurate information (in non-technical terms to the greatest extent possible) you may have on the following five topics: 1) Post-Paralysis Recovery; 2) RLS; 3) Skin Abnormalities (dryness, itching, frequent bruising ...[text shortened]... eeding); 4) Genetic Predisposition; and 5) Transfer of Genes During Copulation. Thank you. (gb)[/b]
The transfer of genes during copulation is simply ejaculation. The actual transfer of genes to the egg happens a little later. Is this what you wanted to know about?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 13

"Superbugs"

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/02/27/reports-rare-superbugs-increasing-in-us/

Imminent Danger?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Mar 13
1 edit

Any scientific explanations of how flowers work?

http://www.google.com/[WORD TOO LONG]

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
09 Mar 13

[b]Any scientific explanations of how flowers work?

http://www.google.com/[WORD TOO LONG]/b]
Depends on what you mean by "work". Flowers are just reproductive organs but some have the added function of attracting the means to distribute pollen.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Mar 13

Lung Condition:

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis