Are most scientists sniveling fearful conformists?

Are most scientists sniveling fearful conformists?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
27 Jun 19

@metal-brain said
Greene is the expert. Do you think he is wrong like sonhouse claimed or are you going to take the other ridiculous position that Greene was not talking about time dilation? Either way you guys cannot agree with each other. That means at least one of you three is wrong no matter what your answer will be.

Either deepthought is wrong or sonhouse is wrong. Which one do you ...[text shortened]... rong.

You three work it out, then get back to me when you decide which one of you three is wrong.
1) Greene is a string theorist - this is relevant to your first post on this page.
2) Whether I disagree with sonhouse and humy or not has no bearing on the correctness of your statements.
3) I can't detect huge differences between what humy and sonhouse are saying and what I am.

Now, here is the clincher. I do not care if Greene says that gravity is caused by time dilation. I suspect that you are misinterpreting what he's saying, but to be certain I'd have to watch an entire hour and a half long video on relativity for lay-persons. This will be somewhat boring for me. However, if he is saying that then in my opinion this is incorrect. The difficulty is that every time I attempt to explain why you accuse me of "jargon". I do not believe rational debate is possible with you.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jun 19

@metal-brain said
Are you claiming time dilation does NOT cause gravity? If so, say it so humy knows exactly what you are saying. Be honest. Your past statements will always be there for me to access.
That is EXACTLY what I am saying. Because to separate events can cause 'time dilation', it stands to reason it is not the fundamental causative agent but an effect.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
27 Jun 19

@sonhouse said
And this has something to do with time dilation how? Are you an astrophysicist? If so, do you think Greene is right to say 'time dilation' causes gravity?
I think it's relevant to paranoid ideation.

h

Moves
27 Jun 19
1 edit

@deepthought said
I think it's relevant to paranoid ideation.
what do you mean by that sentence?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
28 Jun 19
2 edits

@humy said
what do you mean by that sentence?
Carsten Coombs made a comment about survivalism which I interpreted in the context of metal-brain's liking of conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories involve paranoid ideation.

MB

Moves
28 Jun 19

@sonhouse said
That is EXACTLY what I am saying. Because to separate events can cause 'time dilation', it stands to reason it is not the fundamental causative agent but an effect.
Prove it.
What is your source of information?

MB

Moves
28 Jun 19

@deepthought said
Carsten Coombs made a comment about survivalism which I interpreted in the context of metal-brain's liking of conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories involve paranoid ideation.
What conspiracy theory? Greene is not a conspiracy theorist so what the heck are you talking about? Have you now decided to use slander tactics since your obfuscation tactics have failed?

Asserting a conspiracy theory that was never brought up in the first place is a desperate last resort. Why have you resorted to making crap up?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jun 19

@metal-brain said
Prove it.
What is your source of information?
TWO separate events makes for 'time dilation' That shows time dilation cannot be a fundamental cause. What part of that is so hard to understand?

MB

Moves
28 Jun 19

@sonhouse said
TWO separate events makes for 'time dilation' That shows time dilation cannot be a fundamental cause. What part of that is so hard to understand?
What two separate events? You never explained that assertion.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jun 19

@metal-brain said
What two separate events? You never explained that assertion.
What are you smoking now? I said several times if you go into a gravity field, you get time 'warp', dilution, whatever. The same thing happens if you go fast, the faster you go, the more time slows down. TWO SEPARATE cases causing time flow changes. That says time flow is an EFFECT not a cause. It's not fundamental.

MB

Moves
28 Jun 19

@sonhouse said
What are you smoking now? I said several times if you go into a gravity field, you get time 'warp', dilution, whatever. The same thing happens if you go fast, the faster you go, the more time slows down. TWO SEPARATE cases causing time flow changes. That says time flow is an EFFECT not a cause. It's not fundamental.
That only applies to velocity. When it is from matter it is the other way around. Matter causes time dilation and time dilation causes gravity.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
28 Jun 19

@metal-brain said
What conspiracy theory? Greene is not a conspiracy theorist so what the heck are you talking about? Have you now decided to use slander tactics since your obfuscation tactics have failed?

Asserting a conspiracy theory that was never brought up in the first place is a desperate last resort. Why have you resorted to making crap up?
I have no idea whether Greene is a conspiracy theorist, it seems unlikely. I am certain that you are a conspiracy theorist, you've posted some.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jun 19

@metal-brain said
That only applies to velocity. When it is from matter it is the other way around. Matter causes time dilation and time dilation causes gravity.
Going fast and getting in a gravity field does the same thing to time, the flow of time slows down the faster you go and the more mass you are near.

MB

Moves
28 Jun 19

@deepthought said
I have no idea whether Greene is a conspiracy theorist, it seems unlikely. I am certain that you are a conspiracy theorist, you've posted some.
Everybody is a conspiracy theorist. Alleged Russian collusion is a conspiracy theory. You are a conspiracy theorist.

MB

Moves
28 Jun 19

@sonhouse said
Going fast and getting in a gravity field does the same thing to time, the flow of time slows down the faster you go and the more mass you are near.
I know. Not that it means anything. Were you going somewhere with this?