Age of the earth

Age of the earth

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
07 Oct 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
So now you believe in any god?
And still you believe this is science?
No I do not. You really are without a clue here. I suppose your European mindset limits your understanding and makes you cling to a limited ability to think.

h

Moves
07 Oct 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @eladar
I'll try to explain this one more time, then give up on you.

Try to pay attention.

My point is not if the big bang happened. If it actually happened or not is irrelevant to my point.

Here is my point so pay attention. The study of natural laws can neither prove nor disprove if the big bang happened. Nothing we know in science today can neither prove ...[text shortened]... if one believes what science tells us about the rules that govern natural laws of this universe.
The study of natural laws can neither prove nor disprove if the big bang happened.

stawman; NOBODY CLAIMS that the study of natural laws alone i.e. WITHOUT the empirical evidence relevant to the big bang theory can prove or disprove if the big bang happened.
But the study of natural laws COMBINED with the empirical evidence relevant to the big bang theory CAN prove or disprove if the big bang happened. That COMBINATION can and, in this case, HAS proven the big bang happened. Just google evidence for the big bang and read it for yourself.
Nothing we know in science today can neither prove nor disprove that the big bang happened.

That is simply false and asserting it doesn't make it true. You need to do a lot better than make assertions without premise.

h

Moves
07 Oct 17

Not from the assumptions you make.
which assumptions do I make? You never state them. That is because I don't make them.

h

Moves
07 Oct 17
2 edits

No I do not. You really are without a clue here. I suppose your European mindset limits your understanding and makes you cling to a limited ability to think.
... and makes you cling to a limited ability to think.

all human beings have a limited ability to think including you and I. No intellect is unlimited. However, your extremest religious beliefs that tell you what to believe rather than allow independent thought means your ability to think is far more limited than most people's including ours. And "European mindset" (whatever the hell that is supposed to be) or otherwise has nothing to do with it.

E

Moves
07 Oct 17

Originally posted by @humy
which assumptions do I make? You never state them. That is because I don't make them.
You assume that God does not exist and God did not create this Universe or if God did, it was only through natural means starting with the Big Bang.

E

Moves
07 Oct 17

... and makes you cling to a limited ability to think.

all human beings have a limited ability to think including you and I. No intellect is unlimited. However, your extremest religious beliefs that tell you what to believe rather than allow independent thought means your ability to think is far more limited than most people's including o ...[text shortened]... pean mindset" (whatever the hell that is supposed to be) or otherwise has nothing to do with it.
He assumes because I say that the point I'm making can be applied to any belief about God or gods that I believe all those different possibilities. He, like you, are limited to accepting what could be true to mean this is what you believe.

h

Moves
07 Oct 17
1 edit

You assume that God does not exist and God did not create this Universe or if God did, it was only through natural means starting with the Big Bang.
You assume that God does not exist and God did not create this Universe

NO, I don't make this assumption while interpreting evidence. If I discover evidence that a god existing or a god had create this universe, then I will believe it. -no assumption.
or if God did, it was only through natural means starting with the Big Bang.

That isn't an assumption but a matter of deduction. Since we have proof that there exists natural laws and also the big bang happened, this logically entails that, if this 'god' was around at the big bang, if goddidit then it was only through natural means starting with the Big Bang.

So what assumptions do I make? You STILL haven't stated any I make.

E

Moves
07 Oct 17

You assume that God does not exist and God did not create this Universe

NO, I don't make this assumption while interpreting evidence. If I discover evidence that a god existing or a god had create this universe, then I will believe it. -no assumption.
[quote] or if God did, it was only through natural means starting with the Big Bang. ...[text shortened]... it was only through natural means starting with the Big Bang.

So what assumptions do I make?
You assume that God can only exist and the Genesis account can only be true if you see evidence for it that you accept.

h

Moves
07 Oct 17
2 edits

You assume that God can only exist and the Genesis account can only be true if you see evidence for it that you accept.
False. I make no such assumption. Try again. What assumption do I make?

E

Moves
07 Oct 17

False. I make no such assumption. Try again.
You like to play games.

I stated the net result of your belief correctly.

God did it is not my position on everything and it never was.

I've made my point. Demonstrated it to be true. The self asborbed anti christians can view things as they wish. I just pointed out their hypocrisy.

h

Moves
07 Oct 17

I stated the net result of your belief correctly.
no, you stated neither a single one of my 'beliefs' nor the 'result' correctly.

E

Moves
07 Oct 17

no, you stated neither a single one of my 'beliefs' nor the 'result' correctly.
As I said, word games. All you can do is claim other beliefs are wrong without stating why according to your beliefs. By saying you don't have beliefs you believe this protects you from hypocrisy. At least in your own mind.

h

Moves
08 Oct 17
4 edits

By saying you don't have beliefs ....
Unless you are taking about only religious beliefs, which I have none of, I never said/implied this in any way and I challenge you to show where I did. I have rational non-religious beliefs. Example; I believe proven theories are facts.

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

Unless you are taking about only religious beliefs, which I have none of, I never said/implied this in any way and I challenge you to show where I did. I have rational non-religious beliefs. Example; I believe proven theories are facts.
Way to avoid my point with word games.

I tried but you are too brainwashed to have a conversation. You are unable to see any other point of view than your own.

h

Moves
08 Oct 17
2 edits

you are too brainwashed
"brainwashed" by whom? Or what religion? Or brainwashed to believe what, exactly? It is only you who is brainwashed.