1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Jul '19 10:362 edits
    @kellyjay said
    The realm of scientific inquiry is a search for truth is not, which would look into whatever is true.
    Why on earth do you never use correct grammar? I for one don't know what you are saying by the above. Exactly what are you saying is "not"? Are you saying scientific inquiry is not a search for truth? If so, you are clearly wrong. If not, what are you saying?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jul '19 22:42
    @humy said
    Why on earth do you never use correct grammar? I for one don't know what you are saying by the above. Exactly what are you saying is "not"? Are you saying scientific inquiry is not a search for truth? If so, you are clearly wrong. If not, what are you saying?
    It should have read, "is it not". My bad.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 01:271 edit
    @kellyjay said
    The realm of scientific inquiry is a search for truth is not, which would look into whatever is true. If you are not interested in truth, but instead use it to protect an ideology, you use it with blinders on.
    No it's not. Science is focused on elucidating a certain type of knowledge. It's concerned with the how, not the why. It's a method for understanding, describing and predicting the natural world, a way to test things.

It's not for everyone, and it's clearly not for the overly dogmatic.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 01:58
    @wildgrass said
    No it's not. Science is focused on elucidating a certain type of knowledge. It's concerned with the how, not the why. It's a method for understanding, describing and predicting the natural world, a way to test things.

It's not for everyone, and it's clearly not for the overly dogmatic.
    You are talking out of both sides of your mouth when you say we are looking to understand all there is to know about the how, just so predictions about the natural world can happen! That is speaking about the how to understand why to make predictions.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 02:48
    @kellyjay said
    You are talking out of both sides of your mouth when you say we are looking to understand all there is to know about the how, just so predictions about the natural world can happen! That is speaking about the how to understand why to make predictions.
    that doesn't make sense...
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 06:53
    @kellyjay said
    It should have read, "is it not". My bad.
    Shouldn't that above be "Me bad"?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 08:48
    @humy said
    Shouldn't that above be "Me bad"?
    No, you are not bad just confused. 🙂
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 08:50
    @wildgrass said
    that doesn't make sense...
    Not surprising. Understanding something is grasping for the why it does what it does. How is just the mechanics of it.
  9. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 17:13
    @Eladar

all religions are result of Aliens coming here from outer space !! Our ignorant fearful ancestors were scared !! so they called them gods..
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 19:47
    @ogb said
    @Eladar

all religions are result of Aliens coming here from outer space !! Our ignorant fearful ancestors were scared !! so they called them gods..
    Did you come up with that on your own, or are you a fan of "Stargate SG1"? 🙂
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 02:36
    @KellyJay

Mechanics of things are good enough for us. We don't need a hyptothetical deity to sully our understanding.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 13:43
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay

Mechanics of things are good enough for us. We don't need a hyptothetical deity to sully our understanding.
    Your issue is like the example someone used when describing a Ford motor reason for being, one explanation is the laws governing the motors functions, while the other Henry Ford. They are both correct and neither voids the importance of the other.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 14:59
    @kellyjay said
    Your issue is like the example someone used when describing a Ford motor reason for being, one explanation is the laws governing the motors functions, while the other Henry Ford. They are both correct and neither voids the importance of the other.
    In the mind of the religious only.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 19:55
    @sonhouse said
    In the mind of the religious only.
    What?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 03:42
    @kellyjay said
    What?
    Only one is correct. The religious interpretation is in the mind of the believer only. And you cannot prove otherwise. The religious interpretation cannot be falsified so it is not in the slightest a science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree