Three shooters problem

Three shooters problem

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Feb 07

Mr. White, Mr. Brown, and Mr. Black have agreed to a dual with pistols but with a twist. Mr white is a poor shot, only gets one in three targets, Mr Brown, is better, he gets 2 out of three targets he aims at. Mr. Black on the other hand, is a super good shot, 100%. He is deadly.
The dual is to proceed as follows: They will each get a shot, and at the end, the one still alive is the winner. If after the first round, there are two or more standing, they continue in likewise fashion, one shot at a time in succession till only one dualist is left standing. The question is this: Since Mr White, the poor shooter, gets the first shot, Mr. Brown, being better than Mr white but not as good as Mr. Black, gets the second shot and Mr. BLack gets the third shot. In order for Mr. White to maximize his chances of survival, given that he gets the first shot(they only get one shot at a time), who should he aim at first?

i

Moves
10 Feb 07

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=61228

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Feb 07

Originally posted by ilywrin
http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=61228
Dang. I didn't see that previous thread.

Read a book!

Moves
10 Feb 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
Dang. I didn't see that previous thread.
Neither did Mr. Brown. 😛

S

Moves
11 Feb 07

i know this puzzle but under the heading "cyborg duel"

anyway, I'll leave it for others to figure it out.

S

Moves
12 Feb 07

Mr. Black, because if he can hit Mr. black, its not certain that a person will die in that round

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
12 Feb 07

Originally posted by Sting100
Mr. Black, because if he can hit Mr. black, its not certain that a person will die in that round
Nice reading skills there buddy.