Quick thinking exercise

Quick thinking exercise

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f

my head

Moves
02 Aug 04
1 edit

blue wrench, the big bulky adjustable kind plummers use. interestingly enough, the wrench was a chiped rusty red, but the color i thought of was blue.

it is possible that i was not doing this exersise fast enough, but i dont think so.

t

Australia

Moves
04 Aug 04

Another Grey Spanner...................

So whats the psych behind all this?

Now With Added BA

Loughborough

Moves
04 Aug 04

Originally posted by Mat Kelley
Certainly in the Uk a wrench is not the same as a spanner though it can be used for the same job - generally wrenches are adjustable whereas spanners are specic sizes you can also have ring spanners as well as normal spanners.
I'd say that all wrenches are spanners, but not all spanners are wrenches. I was thinking of the simple fixed-sized spanner, though. I looked up 'spanner' and 'wrench' and neither is marked as British or US only, so it looks like 'spanner' is a word the Americans have forgotten but everyone else still uses.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
04 Aug 04

I got an orange wrench...surprising that the ones not with a hammer have a wrench...

T

Moves
04 Aug 04

Originally posted by fearlessleader
blue wrench, the big bulky adjustable kind plummers use. interestingly enough, the wrench was a chiped rusty red, but the color i thought of was blue.

it is possible that i was not doing this exersise fast enough, but i dont think so.
Scary...I had blue wrench

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
05 Aug 04

Originally posted by Acolyte
I'd say that all wrenches are spanners, but not all spanners are wrenches. I was thinking of the simple fixed-sized spanner, though. I looked up 'spanner' and 'wrench' and neither is marked as British or US only, so it looks like 'spanner' is a word the Americans have forgotten but everyone else still uses.
I was definitely picturing an adjustable one, al la FL, but cleaner.

B

Moves
09 Aug 04

Purple Calculator. O_o
Any psyche major gonna tell me what that means?
Maybe I'm a homosexual nerd at heart... :'(

u
semper fi

Moves
09 Aug 04

blue hammer... crap!

I
Attire Advisor

The Chi

Moves
09 Aug 04

Red Wrench... or erm... spanner?

G

Moves
11 Aug 04

so why does this work that way?

fyi i also said red hammer as well as the other three guys i showed it to

s

Gloucestershire , UK

Moves
16 Aug 04

Blue Hammer

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
17 Aug 04
1 edit

Am I the only one who thought of a black spade?

Does anyone know why a red hammer is associated with addition??

Has anyone ever even SEEN a red hammer???

d

Brooklyn, NY

Moves
17 Aug 04

I chose a hammer, but for the life of me couldn't think of a colour until YELLOW popped into my head.

(good thing I don't have a stack of red stickies on my desk, or I'd be on of the 98%, too).

TP
Leak-Proof

under the sink

Moves
23 Aug 04

blue crowbar

Moves
25 Aug 04

I thought of an orange wrench. The band tool uses a wrench as their symbol. Orange was just random I guess.