I almost trust Shavixmir!

I almost trust Shavixmir!

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
28 Nov 05

Following on some wild claims that Shav made about Rubik's cubes at the London Meet-Up, I woke up at the crack of 3 pm and braved a serious hangover to determine whether or not he was talking rubbish. I haven't reached a conclusive result quite yet, but I'm mostly convinced he's an honest man:

sonofhealfdane.blogspot.com

Can anyone finish the proof? Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track?

C

Earth Prime

Moves
28 Nov 05

I didn't read the freaking long thing, but it is well known that one can memorize how to solve a rubik's cube. I have a friend that does it in 120 seconds max.

They have championships for it.

k

Moves
28 Nov 05

yeah... there's a faster way, but its not as flashy

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
28 Nov 05

http://www.speedcubing.com/chris/

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
29 Nov 05

Originally posted by adramforall
http://www.speedcubing.com/chris/
Do you know of any bounds on how many moves are needed? My analysis was good enough to prove that at least 18 moves are required however you start (although it doesn't give a configuration which can be done in 18 moves, so the actual number may be much higher), but I didn't manage to prove that it can always be done in 54 (although I'm almost certain it can). On a second glance, I don't think the approach I started there will work.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
29 Nov 05

Originally posted by Coconut
I didn't read the freaking long thing, but it is well known that one can memorize how to solve a rubik's cube. I have a friend that does it in 120 seconds max.

They have championships for it.
I know someon who can do it in under a minute 😛. He got bored with the regular one so he moved on to a bigger one, I think it was 12 rows, can't remember though.